What we collect. We may collect the following information:
- name or pen-name (username)
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as geo-locations, preferences and interests other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather.
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons: internal record keeping, products or services reviews authentication and verification, as well as scam incidents investigations . We may use the information to improve our products and services. We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information, which we think you may find interesting using the email address, which you have provided. From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, (phone, fax or mail when available). We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Note regarding Google Analytics Advertising Features.
To better understand who our users are we enabled "Demographics and Interest Reports" - the part of Google Analytics Advertising Features. Google Analytics does not collect any Personally Identifiable Information including (but not limited to) names, email addresses or billing information.
ForexPeaceArmy.com users that don't want their data reported by the Google can install the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on available here >>
Links to other websites.
Our website contains links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other websites. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information, which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information by not filling any forms on this website. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us using contact us form at the bottom of the site pages with the request to modify or delete your personal information previously submitted to ForexPeaceArmy.com.
How to Unsubscribe from our list.
If you no longer wish to receive communications from ForexPeaceArmy.com, it’s very easy to stop. Simply scroll down to the bottom of any email and click the “unsubscribe” link. Every email that is sent from ForexPeaceArmy.com mailing list is specially coded with a link that is tied to your email subscription account. If you no longer wish to receive emails from ForexPeaceArmy.com, simply scroll to the bottom of the email and click the unsubscribe link.
Details of Personal Information.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties, which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen. You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please send us a message using contact us form at the bottom of the site pages. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Exceptions to the Above Policy.
In order to defend the integrity of the Forex Peace Army's forums and reviews against spam and deliberately misleading information, we reserve the right reveal the location information, user ID, email address, IP(s), and other available information of any site users who engage in the following activities:
- By promoting external products or services in the forums outside of areas that explicitly permit commercial postings.
- External company representatives posting as if they are customers in the forums and/or reviews.
- External company representatives providing potentially misleading location information.
- External company representatives posting as if they are not affiliated with a company in ways that appear to be meant to disrupt or cast doubt a client's complaint about the company.
- External company representatives posting as clients to attack competing companies.
- Users found to be controlling multiple forums account without prior authorization from Forex Peace Army management.
Per Forex Peace Army policy, any legal threats or implied legal threats made against the Forex Peace Army by any means may be published in part or in whole, including the contents of any email message headers. We reserve the right to edit these, and may include the name, IP, location, and other contact information of the person making the threat. We are always willing to discuss how to deal with any incorrect information that may get posted on our site. Please use the "Contact Us" link and open a civilized dialog with us instead of making threats. We greatly prefer to see problems between companies and clients get resolved. If you see that someone has made a post about you or your company that you feel violates the law, contact us and we'll let you know what you can do about it. If there is an illegal copy of your company's products on our site, let us know and we'll take care of the situation.
Any threats of an illegal nature against ForexPeaceArmy.com or its employees will also be considered to be a waiver of privacy rules. In addition to everything that may be done with a legal threat, these may also be reported to law enforcement and financial regulators.
What Cookies Are
Cookies are small files stored on your computer by your web browser (such as Internet Explorer or Firefox) at the request of a site you're viewing. This allows the site you're viewing to remember things about you, such as your preferences and history or to keep you logged in.
Cookies may be stored on your computer for a short time (such as only while your browser is open) or for an extended period of time, even years. Cookies not set by this site will not be accessible to us.
Our Cookie Usage
- Registration and maintaining your preferences. This includes ensuring that you can stay logged in and keeping the site in the language or appearance that you requested.
- Analytics. This allows us to determine how people are using the site and improve it.
- Advertising cookies (possibly third-party). If this site displays advertising, cookies may be set by the advertisers to determine who has viewed an ad or similar things. These cookies may be set by third parties, in which case this site has no ability to read or write these cookies.
- Other third-party cookies for things like Facebook or Twitter sharing. These cookies will generally be set by the third-party independently, so this site will have no ability to access them.
Managing your cookies and cookie preferences must be done from within your browser's options/preferences. Here is a list of guides on how to do this for popular browser software: