GUILTY Case# 2015-144 | harrywlim vs mercerfx.com

Based on the available evidence, do you believe that MercerFx is guilty?

• Guilty

Votes: 39 100.0%
  • Not Guilty

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
@Dermolikesprofit thanks. They already deducted my account virtually in the trading cabinet. But the funds has not been received at my bank account after this far (1 month I guess since July 28 as picture attached shown the date). Thanks also. I've contacted Cyprus SEC, SEC.GOV (US) whether I can get any resolution on this matter. I need to make sure Mercer Capital is being a jerk as a holding company should be responsible, either by being closed or fill insolvency. Thanks for your suggestion.

@claretblue and @Pharaoh thanks. It seems that there are so many scam brokers out there. Even though it used to be a regulated broker. It will be hard to measure such in the future then. Pip Davidson was in contact with me from FMA NZ, and got no clue. So I suggest we should be cautious with any registered NZ broker (might generalized, but if you see Pip Davidson's message then you'll know how pain it is).

No matter how bad a broker can be, nothing beats those failing to send you your deposit. I consider this similar to stealing from you in the middle of daylight.

This broker is another scammer, and I know what my vote will be on this.

@Gladiator76, Gee Thanks. But whatever the result. I just want to make sure that the same thing will never ever happen again to anyone anymore. Regulated broker in NZ isn't a guarantee anymore nowadays, so don't want to judge, but we should be aware of them now.

Last edited by a moderator:
harrywlim--they sound like very GUILTY thieves from what you write: i hope you get your money back! here is an idea for you: one of their ads that you posted has prominent references to (and logos of) bank of america, barclays, goldman--perhaps contacting BofA etc might bring down the wrath of the big banks. just a thought--feaisland55

NZ makes registering easy. The drawback is that they make deregistering easy to. Although a complait to the NZ regulators is a good idea, I wouldn't get my hopes up for any aggressive enforcement action.

@feaisland55, Thanks. Cyprus authorities has just contacted me. I should send them email pertaining the situation with the requested format. Just wonder why SEC.GOV don't respond. Also why all peoples at mercercapital.com don't even reply my email. Just curious.

Are you in the US? If you and the broker aren't connected to the US, the SEC isn't likely to respond. If you or the broker is connected to the US, don't stop with the SEC. Complain to the CFTC too.

Back