£100 initial deposit. What's the best lot size?

$0.01 per pip gives you a lot more room to make trades if you are working with an account that small.

That's right. Using 0.01 lot size will be safe enough in trading especially if you're using cent account, it will be safer. But different trader has different point of view about proper lot size in trading with low amount of capital as low as $100. For me, it's better to use the lowest lot size in trading because I will focus to realize consistent profit first than trying to gain big amount of profits.

No one can tell what lot size you need to use, it depends on your account capital, your strategy and your risk tolerance to adjust it.

No one can tell what lot size you need to use, it depends on your account capital, your strategy and your risk tolerance to adjust it.

I have had many times when i can do trading and earn profits but i was not having the funds with me to be invested or traded with. So one thing that i would like to say is that saving our trading funds is very important.

Yes, it is right. There is no fixed rule to determine how many lot size to use in trading because different trader has different point of view. Even, it could be different to use how many lot size with same capital among traders because different person has different tolerance to accept risk in trading. For one person, they prefer to risk 5-10% in each transaction bu they trade only 1-2 times a day. For another person, they prefer to risk 5-10% for whole days with many transactions. For this 2 conditions only, it will be different on usage lot size.

Risk 10% per transaction and all you need is a small handful of bad trades in a row to do some serious damage to your account balance.

And . . . this is my 14,000th post!

5% to 10 % is big one. I take low risk in trading usually up to 2% of my investment. If you loose 10% in one trade it means you have to work hard to recover it and make profit again . Initial amount og 100 dollar or Euro is ideal for new traders they can get better ideal about their skill with this money.

Hello. I've been learning forex for months now and I'm still sitting in my practice account. I have set my practice account to be £100 and I use 1:888 leverage at my broker (standard acc), risking 1% and using 1:2 loss/win ratio.
I'd like to hear some opinions about what would be the best lot size in my scenario.

You might want to try a cent account.

Hello. I've been learning forex for months now and I'm still sitting in my practice account. I have set my practice account to be £100 and I use 1:888 leverage at my broker (standard acc), risking 1% and using 1:2 loss/win ratio.
I'd like to hear some opinions about what would be the best lot size in my scenario.

The more leverage you take, the more risks you take. So, it's even better to accept 1:100 leverage only, unless you're so PRO.
and YEs, for safe trading 1% risk is pretty Good, although I prefer to take max 2% on each trade !

5% to 10 % is big one. I take low risk in trading usually up to 2% of my investment. If you loose 10% in one trade it means you have to work hard to recover it and make profit again . Initial amount og 100 dollar or Euro is ideal for new traders they can get better ideal about their skill with this money.

Every trader has his own consideration to risk how many percentage in each transaction. It is right that 5-10% is big number of percentage to risk but some traders prefer to risk high in order to gain high amount of profits too. I ever knew that some traders would risk high to gain high profit when they tried to collect much amount of dollars as capital.

Every trader has his own consideration to risk how many percentage in each transaction. It is right that 5-10% is big number of percentage to risk but some traders prefer to risk high in order to gain high amount of profits too. I ever knew that some traders would risk high to gain high profit when they tried to collect much amount of dollars as capital.

Usually those traders (that use high risk) are the ones to get burned rather quickly.

Back