FTS Toolkit - Trailing Stop EA - Minimize risk even further with trailing stop and BE

Help Please!!

Hi Peter.

I am a daily trader and quite new to trading. Could you please tell me if your FPA=TrailingStop.mq4 EA will work on Standard Renko charting? If so would I have to change settings and to what and how?

BTW I am using met4 build 769

Last edited:
It doesn't evaluate candles or any kind of charting component but only open prices and pips. So I believe that it's going to work fine with Renko.

how many pips do you recommend for an intra day trader who trades the 30mins-1hour timeframe?

Hi Peter,

When changing the settings to all pairs, I'm getting the following warnings as well as errors on MT4 chart.

SL EA.png

Hi Peter,

When changing the settings to all pairs, I'm getting the following warnings as well as errors on MT4 chart.

View attachment 21954

Open the mq4 file with MetaEditor and change line no. 253 and 255 as follows:

Line 253: if (! OrderSend(Symbol(), OP_BUY, test_lots, Ask, 7, 0.0, 0.0)) {};
Line 255: if (! OrderSend(Symbol(), OP_SELL, test_lots, Bid, 7, 0.0, 0.0)) {};

Save and compile the file. There will be no errors or warnings thereafter.

Cheers...

Hi,

one thing you could add that I like to use is to set the SL to the previous candles high or low (dependent on buy or sell). It's one of the easiest and safest trendwalking methods that basically implements the definition of trend (ie. higher lows, lower highs). The advantage is that your SL is dynamic based on price not on constant values like fixed trailing stop. It exits very early when trend is broken, so potential losses are low but also potential profits are much lower because retracements after low volatility movement exit the trades. I programmed an EA for that but I guess it's so simple you could add it yourself to this one.

Best regards,
Florian
Hi Florain
yes,it is logical to trail with previous high in down trend and previous low in up trend,but who can code it this way,have you some coding knowledge or if PETER is here to help improve it.
regards
mntiwana

Dear Peter, I'm from Russia, so forgive me for my english :). Thank you for your excellent work.

It would be desirable to modify the function of the EA in the "do not touch open trades to the news"
It is necessary to open the adviser previously exposed the deal were not touched and connected to those transactions that were discovered after the launch of the advisor. I hope that you will understand me :)

i made a more less working
cast of this code to into a class
to make it managable in EAs code.

Attachments

• BreakEvenAndTrailingStop.zip
    8 KB · Views: 37
Open the mq4 file with MetaEditor and change line no. 253 and 255 as follows:

Line 253: if (! OrderSend(Symbol(), OP_BUY, test_lots, Ask, 7, 0.0, 0.0)) {};
Line 255: if (! OrderSend(Symbol(), OP_SELL, test_lots, Bid, 7, 0.0, 0.0)) {};

Save and compile the file. There will be no errors or warnings thereafter.

Cheers...
This changes doesn't work. The EA cannot be activated after these changes anymore. Without the changes I get exactly the same errors as ZakFx. Any ideas?

Attachments

• Original-FPA-TrailingStop_from_Peter.jpg
    Original-FPA-TrailingStop_from_Peter.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 26
  • FPA-TrailingStop_after_changing_Lines_253+255.jpg
    FPA-TrailingStop_after_changing_Lines_253+255.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 22
Back