Does sharp jump in price causes slippage

p1p1n

Private
I had stop Loss set and it was not any news hour when it was it. But i still got slippage. Is that normal occurance

If prices move suddenly, slippage is more likely to occur.

Remember that scheduled news isn't the only news. If the head of the ECB is overheard informally discussing interest rates while having a meal at a restaurant, that can hit the financial news headlines and move the market. If a big US oil refinery has a problem and shuts down, that news can move the market.

I do not prefer to have Slippages in my trades and this is also a reason why i must plan my trading in such a manner that my income is good and my trades are done at prices i want.

I do not prefer to have Slippages in my trades and this is also a reason why i must plan my trading in such a manner that my income is good and my trades are done at prices i want.

It is very unfortunate that many times we start getting slippages in our trading and only if we will remain careful we can avoid them and reduce the trading risks :)

Yes, during high impact news, a very high and sudden price movements cause slippage in prices.

I had stop Loss set and it was not any news hour when it was it. But i still got slippage. Is that normal occurance

How big was this slippage. If it has been triggered slightly above the SL its probably because the order closed by ask price - in case you position was "sell". Its common thing and the wider the spread the worse slippage works

How big was this slippage. If it has been triggered slightly above the SL its probably because the order closed by ask price - in case you position was "sell". Its common thing and the wider the spread the worse slippage works

At times when we are doing our trades the slippage that we can get can increase and to remain safe in such types of trades the best recourse is to avoid doing our trading at the time of big news releases :(

Back