• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss Fxcm.com

General discussions of a financial company
I sent an email to FXCM just asking some very basic questions as I was planning on opening a standard account, yet I am amazed that they don't even have the courtesy to reply....not the first time either........just as well I found out what kind of customer care I can expect before I actually opened an account.
Paul :(:eek:

Hi Paul,

I'm sorry to hear you didn't receive a reply to your emails. We strive to provide a fast turnaround time on all email inquiries. I would be happy to answer your questions here on the forum, or if you send me a private message identifying your email address, I can follow up on the emails you already sent.

Thanks,
Jason

Trading Hours for End of Daylight Savings Time

Please note the upcoming changes to CFD trading hours due to the end of daylight savings time in Europe and the United States on 25 October and 1 November respectively. Complete details can be found at the FXCM Platform Update Center.

Forex Trading Hours

In terms of New York Time, the trading desk will still open at 5pm on Sunday and close at 5pm on Friday as always. However, since New York Time will shift on 1 November from GMT-4 to GMT-5, the trading desk hours will also shift by one hour in GMT terms. Starting that week, the trading desk will open at 22:00 GMT on Sunday and close at 22:00 GMT on Friday.

A special note for all MT4 clients on our New York Close servers

The time zone on our New York Close MT4 servers will change on the weekend of 1 November from GMT+3 to GMT+2. In this way, midnight on your MT4 charts will stay in line with the 5pm New York Close. If you have any EAs or indicators that use a GMT offset, please update them to GMT+2 that weekend.

Holiday Trading Hours for November

Here's a link to the CFD holiday trading hours for November: http://bit.ly/1MF8d2l

Forex trading hours remain unchanged.

Note that there will be 4 days of rollover interest earned or paid on all currency trades open on Tuesday, November 24th at 5pm New York Time (22:00 GMT).

You can view the complete holiday rollover interest schedule here: http://bit.ly/1OTyZK6

Holiday Trading Hours for November

Here's a link to the CFD holiday trading hours for November: http://bit.ly/1MF8d2l

Forex trading hours remain unchanged.

Note that there will be 4 days of rollover interest earned or paid on all currency trades open on Tuesday, November 24th at 5pm New York Time (22:00 GMT).

You can view the complete holiday rollover interest schedule here: http://bit.ly/1OTyZK6

Hi Everyone,

I will be out of the office for the rest of the week for the Thanksgiving holiday in the US and will respond to your forum posts when I return next week.

If you require immediate assistance, please contact our 24-hour live customer support team.

Forex trading hours remain unchanged for the Thanksgiving holiday, and the holiday trading hours for CFDs are listed in my previous post.

For everyone celebrating Thanksgiving this week, I wish you a happy one! :)

Happy Holidays From FXCM

The holidays are coming fast, so I want to make sure you are aware of our special forex trading hours for Christmas and New Year's:

Hg75etx.png

Click here for CFD Holiday Trading Hours. (CFD trading is not available to US residents.)
Click here for the Holiday Rollover Schedule.

Aside from Christmas and New Year's, FXCM's live customer support team is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The Trading Desk opens Sundays between 22:00 and 22:15 GMT and closes Fridays at 21:55 GMT.

FXCM encourages you to review and update your account profile on an annual basis to ensure the information within your profile is accurate and up to date. To ensure accurate account information, please log in to MyFXCM.com with your live account log-in details and make any necessary changes under "Account Information."

Our service includes products that are traded on margin and carry a risk of losses in excess of your deposited funds. The products may not be suitable for all investors. Please ensure that you fully understand the risks involved.

I will be out of the office for the Christmas holiday and will reply to your posts and private messages when I return on December 30th. Our holiday hours are listed in my previous post. If you require immediate assistance, please contact our live customer support team: http://bit.ly/1ilO0qa

For all of you celebrating Christmas, I wish you a happy one!

Peace on Earth, Goodwill to All! :)

I just received the following heads up from DailyFX senior strategist David Rodriguez:

As a quick note, please be aware that rollover charges are especially elevated tonight [5pm New York time rollover] for the GBP, EUR, and JPY. It is near-identical to last year, when a sharp drop in available liquidity forced interbank Forward rates to deviate substantially from their typical spread to spot prices.

In short: strong demand for overnight lending in JPY, GBP, and EUR has been met with short supply, and pricing has surged accordingly.

See the article from last year for reference, while I’ve attached some Bloomberg screens from today for further illustration.

GBP/USD Rolls
Et3fpcs.gif

source: Bloomberg

EUR/USD Rolls
Gb2RXQt.gif

source: Bloomberg

USD/JPY Rolls
vvYt3zV.gif

source: Bloomberg​

I will be out of the office until January 4th and will reply to your posts and private messages when I return. Our New Year's holiday hours are listed in my post quoted below. If you require immediate assistance, please contact our live customer support team: http://bit.ly/1ilO0qa

I wish all of you a blessed and prosperous new year!

Happy Holidays From FXCM

The holidays are coming fast, so I want to make sure you are aware of our special forex trading hours for Christmas and New Year's:

Hg75etx.png

Click here for CFD Holiday Trading Hours. (CFD trading is not available to US residents.)
Click here for the Holiday Rollover Schedule.

Aside from Christmas and New Year's, FXCM's live customer support team is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The Trading Desk opens Sundays between 22:00 and 22:15 GMT and closes Fridays at 21:55 GMT.

FXCM encourages you to review and update your account profile on an annual basis to ensure the information within your profile is accurate and up to date. To ensure accurate account information, please log in to MyFXCM.com with your live account log-in details and make any necessary changes under "Account Information."

Our service includes products that are traded on margin and carry a risk of losses in excess of your deposited funds. The products may not be suitable for all investors. Please ensure that you fully understand the risks involved.

Update to Trading Station Desktop

Just a quick heads up: a new version of Trading Station Desktop is now available.

That means the next time you log into the platform after this weekend, it will automatically update you to the latest version. If don't want to wait, then you can install the new version now: http://bit.ly/1O20wZ1

It was first released on 21 December 2015, so if you installed the platform after that date, then you already have the latest version.

New features include:
  • Stop-Limit and Trailing Stop-Limit orders
  • Multiple Marketscope charting windows
  • Ability to save multiple logins
Please let me know if you have any questions about the update.

CNH rolls surge as China gets more aggressive in deterring speculation

DailyFX quantitative strategist David Rodriguez sent me the following alert this morning:

"overnight rollover charges in the USD/CNH have surged as the PBOC has unofficially made it substantially more expensive to hold CNH-short positions. This is consistent with their preference to defend the CNH against speculation, and theres no question that they're feeling the heat on the surge in the CNH vs CNY spread. (more on that here)"

pbPx1cw.jpg

image source: Bloomberg​

Back