How many pips you make per week?

U mean like this...? This 3 enter at the same time... but the pips is diff from each other..

Another idea probably I can share with you. "Avoid the strongest and attack the weakest" - Sun Tzu. It has been taught for thousand over years. Take an example, if you are taking a boxing match. You want to fight a weak one or a strong one?

Trading actually is the same idea. Look for the strongest to against the weakest.

Not too much, I really want to know how can make 50-100 pips per day, maybe it need long term trading experience.

Not too much, I really want to know how can make 50-100 pips per day, maybe it need long term trading experience.

Yes we all know that a lot of movements occur in the Forex markets and a careful trader would be able to earn income here and also get good profits in his trading :)

In my career of 14 years including learning and trading, I can tell you there are no such thing with consistent daily of 50-100 pips. Sometime maybe yes, but with consistent daily of 50-100 pips, sorry, I have never seen one yet at least.

In my career of 14 years including learning and trading, I can tell you there are no such thing with consistent daily of 50-100 pips. Sometime maybe yes, but with consistent daily of 50-100 pips, sorry, I have never seen one yet at least.

Well, then carry out medium to long term trading...i.e. buy/sell and hold position(s) for say 4-12 weeks or as long as is necessary.......Calculate the number of pips target to average 50-100 pips per day and wait for TP to be triggered.

A potential trade might be for USD/EUR because parity (i.e. 1:1) is widely expected to happen sometime in the future and, with much anticipated first FED rates hike in Dec'15 and further rates hikes in 2016, parity might indeed happen as expected.
Furthermore, with recent Paris terrorist attacks and the ongoing Middle East migrants problems, that might be further catalyst for parity to happen sooner than we anticipated.

However, long term trading require a lot of self control/discipline and patience which, unfortunately, most retail Trader simply doesn't possess as they are a rather impatience lot and wants to cash/lock-in profits NOW :cool:
I guess that's why there are so many forex brokers in the business to capitalize on reckless and & impatience Retail Brokers :D

I have never really systems that depend upon pips as the determining metric of success.

This can typically only be done if you use some sort of set lot size (meaning set stop losses) system.

I vary my stop sizes and therefore lot sizes to get the same percentage of risk on trades and am more focused on the risk:reward of trades than the number of pips gained.

Pips are really just a way for me to calculate lot sizes.

For an example,

I might have 2 trades,

1 for 100 pips stop loss and 200 pips target profit.
1 for 10 pips stop loss and 20 pips take profit.

If I risk 1% on both trades and lose the first and win the second I have "lost" 90 pips but I am 1% up.

I have never really systems that depend upon pips as the determining metric of success.

This can typically only be done if you use some sort of set lot size (meaning set stop losses) system.

I vary my stop sizes and therefore lot sizes to get the same percentage of risk on trades and am more focused on the risk:reward of trades than the number of pips gained.

Pips are really just a way for me to calculate lot sizes.

For an example,

I might have 2 trades,

1 for 100 pips stop loss and 200 pips target profit.
1 for 10 pips stop loss and 20 pips take profit.

If I risk 1% on both trades and lose the first and win the second I have "lost" 90 pips but I am 1% up.
A strategy which is very nice, and you can continue if you want. For the calculation of how many pips per week, it can be adjusted only. So that it can steadily and enjoy multiple advantages.

I make around 150 pips weekly scalping on majors like EUR/USD and GBP/USD with big lots. You have to be especially careful when doing that because you may have hard time getting your orders filled with broker which has ill liquidity. So I'm thinking about splitting my 1-2 lot position between 3 brokers (currently I do that with two brokers - Hotforex and FXCM) to get less slippage, thus more profit.

I am not sure what you mean by "just the slippage" can be 10 to 15 pips in normal hours, if news with high volatility probably yes.. Probably you are taking 5 digits and the last digit consider as 1 pip. My entry usually won't go against 8 pips and my stop loss actually seldom more than 15 pips. So keeping losses 10 to 15 pips are consider very healthy to me and it works as well.

That's how the risk management works. And to be honest, I have no meant to pride myself with my current trading status. But my own goal to achieve is to gain more profits than losses. I know I couldn't avoid losses in this business, but at least a proper risk management should be helpful to minimize it.

I think the 50-100 is the value that a lot, so that you can retain each week. This of course requires a good strategy and direction.

Back