• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss ForexTester.com

General discussions of a financial company
Can Forex Tester work on Apple Macintosh computer?

It cannot work under Apple operation system, but can work if you install Windows on this computer or run some Windows simulation software (VM Ware, for example).

Can I test Expert Advisers and indicators from MetaTrader with your software?

No. The only software where you can use them is MetaTrader itself.
But those experts and indicators can be rewritten by a programmer into ForexTester format using Forex Tester API libraries.

What are the advantages of Forex Tester 2 over MT4 demo account.

1. Supports multiple timeframes.
  2. Supports multiple currency pairs.
  3. Supports combined strategies (for example manual entry and automatic exit).
  4. Can pause testing (save project) and continue it later.
  5. Can rewind time.
  6. Can go back/forward in any steps.
  7. Acts like a real trading terminal.
  8. Supports testing with tick data.
  9. Provides detailed statistics during the test and after the test.
  10. Allows testing several automatic strategies (EAs) at the same time.
  11. Allows changing EA parameters in runtime.
  12. Is fast and efficient.
  13. Is easy and user-friendly.

What are the advantages of Forex Tester 2 compared to MT4 tester.

1. You can test Manual trading strategies in a fast and easy way. With Forex Tester you can trade on historical data like you trade on your MT4 terminal in real time. This is very important even if you plan to develop automatic trading system, for example you may have an idea and want to test this idea before you spend time on implementing it in code.
  2. You can test combined strategies (Manual + Automatic) in FT. For example you enter trades manually and exit automatically.
  3. You can see how exactly your strategy trades in real time, in MT you can only open a chart after test is finished. In FT you can open many charts with different timeframes, apply indicators, draw graphical objects, etc...
  4. In MT you cannot test your strategy on real tick data with floating spread, in FT you can.
  5. In Forex Tester you can test multicurrency and multitimeframe EAs.
  6. You can adjust strategy parameters during the test based on different factors (indicator, market conditions and so on).
  7. You can pause testing and analyze market situation. Or you can even “rewind” the time and “play” some moment once again.
  8. You can test more than 1 EA at the same time.
  9. You can define your spread and swaps for any currency pair in Forex Tester.
  10. When you develop your EA with the help of FT API you can use the debugger, this is very important for programmers and this speeds up the development.

I purchased 1 license and I want to install Forex Tester on my home computer and my work computer. Can I do this?

No. Our sales policy is: one computer - one license.
Software is attached to your computer and cannot be registered with the same key on another computer(s).
The user has the right to move Forex Tester to another computer in case if an old computer has crashed or a new one was purchased.
In this case we block an old key and issue a new one at no extra cost.
Unfortunately, we cannot issue keys for 2 or more computers, that a single user could have, for a price of a single license. In this case you can purchase more than one license with significant discounts.

I purchased 1 license, after some time I decided to buy one more. Can I have a discount?

Yes, we can give you a discount for the second license.

My computer where I installed Forex Tester is broken (I purchased new computer/I want to install Forex Tester on more powerful computer/etc.). What can I do?

In this case you can move your license to another computer at no extra cost. We will block an old registration key and issue a new one for free.

Do I pay for your software one time or is it a monthly/yearly fee?

It is one time payment.
You will not be charged in future (except if you decide to upgrade for the next major version).

I put my registration key into the registration form and the program says that it is incorrect. What is wrong?

Probably Hardware ID on your computer has changed due to some reason (for example, you changed hardware or re-installed OS).
Do not worry, it is OK, we will issue a new registration key for you for free.

Please do these steps to re-register the program:
  1. Run your Forex Tester.
  2. Go to Help → Register program menu.
  3. Choose "I do not have a registration key" and press "Next".
  4. Choose "Yes, I already paid" and press "Next".
  5. Fill key request form in the next window. Choose "Old key does not work" option as the reason to request the registration key. If you forgot some contact information, you can write something like “Don’t remember”
  6. Press the "Request key" button.
  7. We will generate a registration key for you and send it via email within next 24 hours.

Back