How many indicators do you use in your trading strategy/system?

How many indicators do you use in your trading strategy/system?

• None, I rely solely on price action

Votes: 1 9.1%

Votes: 1 9.1%

Votes: 2 18.2%

Votes: 3 27.3%

• 5 or more

• Total voters
MAs can only tell you the average closing price of the previous candles. So it's basically useless indicator for price prediction.

I have seen and used the Moving Averages in my trades with much success, and this is because i am able to know which are the good trading signals and which are the bad ones :)

I don't agree someone says MAs is useless. MAs are the closest indication relative to the market behaviors and market trader price acceptance. It can tells you what the lowest/highest price people willing to buy/sell, and it can also tell you how the market behave and how many traders willing to go for the trade.

I don't agree someone says MAs is useless. MAs are the closest indication relative to the market behaviors and market trader price acceptance. It can tells you what the lowest/highest price people willing to buy/sell, and it can also tell you how the market behave and how many traders willing to go for the trade.
Useless in terms of price prediction, if you find other use of the indicator then that's great, but you can never predict price on MA. You can see what the highest/lowest price people are willing to pay just by looking at the candles (and especially the wicks).

Useless in terms of price prediction, if you find other use of the indicator then that's great, but you can never predict price on MA. You can see what the highest/lowest price people are willing to pay just by looking at the candles (and especially the wicks).

Candles don't really shown what lowest price people willing to pay. But in other hand you can look on candle to see whether the strong of a trend and investor interest. MAs can actually know where the price more likely to be support by the market.

Candles don't really shown what lowest price people willing to pay. But in other hand you can look on candle to see whether the strong of a trend and investor interest. MAs can actually know where the price more likely to be support by the market.
Actually, the point of candles is to show you where the price is (and also bars, lines, and all other types of charts) and where it was at any particular moment. If the candle touched 1.0000 it means someone was willing to pay 1.0000 for the exchange, the MA doesn't show that - only the average of closing prices. Also the support/resistance can be seen by candles (pure price action) where there is congestion (no one is willing to push the price anywhere yet). So you can tell a lot about certain market just by the look of the candles, and you can't do that with MAs as they lag (because the candles change/close).

Agree.
Personally, I combine MA with BB.
But it's back to the trader itself, they need to understand those indicators first no matter how much they're using...

Agree.
Personally, I combine MA with BB.
But it's back to the trader itself, they need to understand those indicators first no matter how much they're using...

If we can understand how the Indicators work and what type of trading can give us more income then a time will come when we will become more profitable in our trades and start earning a nice income also :)

Currently I am prefer trade without indicator and only use candlestick pattern combine with price action, this more simple to me making decision trading, but might any trader they will more confident if they use indicator, and each trader have own experience using indicator.

Currently I am prefer trade without indicator and only use candlestick pattern combine with price action, this more simple to me making decision trading, but might any trader they will more confident if they use indicator, and each trader have own experience using indicator.

There are a lot of Indicators which we can use in our trading. We should understand that when we use a particular Indicator then it may give us wrong signals and this is why we have to first test the validity of that signal in the Demo trading accounts :)

I normally see 2 to 3 indicators but if I find any confusion between their reading I do not trade on indicators. I just make my own analysis for trading . It is not a necessary part of forex trading to work with indicators. We had just low confidence , may these help us to get profits.

Back