Someone trade US30USD ?

danielsoy

Sergeant
Hi ppl.

I am demo trading us30usd in Oanda since 27 january 2016.

Could see that spread is between 2 and 4 pips during regular trading hours,
and u can make usd 10 per pip, risking 0,10 lot.

I would like to know if the spread is the same in a real accont, and how many lots
may i trade with usd 2000 deposit and 1:50 leverage .

Last edited:
Hi ppl.

I would like to know if the spread is the same in a real accont, and how many lots

You should be trading no more than 0.10 Standard lots = 1$ pip :)

Hi ppl.

Mate, US30 means DJIA ( Dow Jones Industrial Average) or better to describe as Dow Futures. It is not USD 1 for 0.1 STD Lots.

You should be trading no more than 0.10 Standard lots = 1$ pip :)

Trading Indices are different as Forex and it is not USD 1 = 0.1 Standard Lots. It depends on whether you are trading with OTC or Exchanges. If you are trading with exchanges as I do in Eurex and CBOE, minimum position is 1 contract and you can't trade 0.1.

Hi ppl.

Are you talking about Dow Jones Industrial 30?
Spreads should be the same (based on my experience with Hotforex, its demo account mirrors live trading conditions, except slippage).
Minimum contract size for US30 is, so with 1:50 leverage you'll be able to buy 2000*50=100 000 contracts.

Yes it is oanda demo dow jones, may be a pic of my account can help

Attachments

• oanda demo us30usd (dow jones).PNG
    oanda demo us30usd (dow jones).PNG
    178.6 KB · Views: 35
Another thing you must realize that instead of trading Spread Betting on index, broker usually provides Futures Contract for indices. Hence, there are an expiry date (usually 3rd Friday) every month. So make sure you need to know everything about those very basic, otherwise you will get yourself into messed. Trading is easy, either buy or sell. But to trade with sufficient knowledge and profitable, that's the problem. Most people thought they are good enough to make money in trading, but they don't know they are still far more on knowledge even with those really basic information.

Hi ppl.

To be honest by the look of your demo account you should not be trading any size position on a real account!

Your demo account said it all for me, you have a draw down of over 10% and no stop loss that I can see, so you have NOT learnt about risk reward!

For a novice trader you should never risk more than 1% of your account on a trade!

My advice is to keep practicing on a demo account until you have learnt how to trade, until then live account should be the last thing on your mind;)

Anyway at least you are trading in the right direction although your entry's are terrible. if your demo account can handle the pullback which I think is now over @ 16683.50 (50% fib where you should have taken your positions with SL @ 17088.00 targeting 15122.50 & 14591.00)

Last edited:
Back