• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

LionFund - Anyone heard of them?

edatrading

Recruit
Hi all,

Anyone heard of LionFund?
lionfxfund.com/about.php

From their trade record, the results look amazing. Their trade record shows 5000% (yes, 5 thousand percent) in just about 2 years of trading.
myfxbook.com/members/FF2016/lf2016/1509451/KXsIyBdH2NkeTO80kTeF

The things that look dodgy to me is:
- They found me, not me finding them. They sent me an email (spam).
- I've never heard of them. I'm looking in FPA, I can't find anything.
- I emailed them, and they replied back. The reply actually looked decent. But they asked me, if interested, to fund an account. When clicking on the link, it's no longer going to Knight Capital.

I would love for them to be legit, but I'm just getting a really dodgy vibe from this. hmmmm....

Great, thank you very much for your confirmation :)

Good thing Forex Peace Army is here and we have a community to uncover these scammers.
Yes, I also noticed their webpage links don't always go to the same place every time. It was really bad that when they asked to fund my account, then went completely to somewhere else (On the webpage they said to fund Knight Capital, but then it would get redirected to CitiFx).

At lease now we have a record of this lion Fund (aka Liar Fund)

Get smarter about money.
Investment scams are often pulled off by a team of people who set up a makeshift office. To convince you their company is real, they might send you to the company’s website, which looks very professional. They might also set up a toll-free number and a respectable address to make the company seem legitimate.

However, the company doesn’t exist. Everything on the website is fake, and the office is just a post office box or temporary office. By the time you realize you’ve lost your money, the scammer will have closed up shop and moved on to another scam.

That depends on whether or not what shows on MyFxBook is what happens to client accounts or not.

That depends on whether or not what shows on MyFxBook is what happens to client accounts or not.
So are you saying that we cannot trust verified accounts on myfxbook, if that's the case who can we trust, this is very disappointing!

That depends on many things. How long has the account been running? What broker is being used? Has anyone been complaining about getting trades which do not match MyFxBook? How much of the MyFxBook info is marked as private is a BIG one. If you can't see closed trades, how can you be sure you are getting the same trades that MyFxBook is seeing?

Have you checked FPA Performance Testing? Only pending and open trades are hidden. Everything else, including floating P/L is displayed. If you did hook up with a company there, you would instantly be able to tell if the trades they gave you matched the PT results or not (within reasonable bounds for requotes and slippage between brokers, of course). If such a thing did happen, the FPA would expect a quick and complete explanation from the owner of the test.

Back