• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Intensive Review Intensive Review of the cTrader - Currency Trading Platform

Long and detailed review proocesses. Ask AsstModerator if you want to leave one.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a pity that it appears that brokers can b-book + slow down your execution as it suits them with this platform as they could with mt4. Had this with 3 different brokers now.

Hello

We conversed with the above customer through quality assurance and I hope that his problems have been solved. For the rest of you guys, most regulated brokers are licenced to act as counter parties to your orders, so it's their choice to do so or send the orders to the LPs. However unlike most platforms out there cTrader is a true No Dealing Desk Platform and it forces the broker to fill you using the Prices of the stream of the LP so the execution will be the same in all cases. cTrader does not allow any Price Manipulations, Price Injections, Stop Loss hunting Dealing Desk Rejects or Re - quotes and thus is very different from other platforms that you are used to.

In regards to execution speed, cTrader is a Platform as a Service solution. This means that unlike other platforms, the broker's server is hosted by Spotware (the company behind cTrader), and the trading infrastructure is also Spotware's proprietary technology. This ensures you get the best possible execution because Spotware is a Technology firm with expertise in this field, and not a brokerage firm. cTrader does not allow the brokers to re - configure the infrastructure or slow your connection in anyway so any problems you may experiencing are most probably caused by your connection, that's why you had problems with more than one brokers.

Check out this video to see more differences between cTrader and the competition. We hope we see more of you on-board soon now that cTrader is officially launched in U.S.

[video=youtube;9-_HweZUGS4][/video]

Click below link to subscribe to cTrader's YouTube Channel.
http://www.youtube.com/user/ctrader?sub_confirmation=1

thanks guys

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the initial answer in that thread, but the most critical question remains unanswered.

Was there really a real price feed error at the time, or is the broker managing to cheat a client despite using the "cheat-proof" platform?

It's a pity that it appears that brokers can b-book + slow down your execution as it suits them with this platform as they could with mt4. Had this with 3 different brokers now.

I think this is true. Even on CTrader forum there's cases where orders are delayed and some even not executed. When support is asked to find the bug in their platform they revert to "please check with your broker for execution issues." (So annoying) So yeah I think brokers can still manipulate execution.

Someday I hope to just trade with LMAX which is a true NDD broker. For now I gotta stick to my current one until it grows enough for me to transfer.

It is always important to check whether the broker is regulated or not, verify their license and also look for the reviews on websites such as FPA to determine what most of other clients have experienced prior to you plunging in. I realized that not only reputable, but honest brokers are transparent in their dealings of which most you will find reviews about them. Of course there might be a status quo, but what is important is that they are not regulated in one country.

Second to covering up as regulated brokers, which I believe is important, is that if a broker is interfering with your trades regardless of whether the broker is regulated in more than one country or popular, the broker is a scammer. Honest, reputable and reliable brokers do not only move with the times, but transparency is the call of duty. A broker doesn't have to be worlds number one based on their client based and returns, but transparency. I have used MT4 and MT5 with self proclaimed ECN/STP brokers, but the truth is that they are not.

In a true ECN/STP platform, both the bid/ask indicators do not move simultaneously, but unilaterally or independent from each other, regardless of the spreads provided by different liquid providers. I started using cTrader just recently, and have tried it from different brokers, yes the will differ based on liquid providers, but the bid/ask indicators, move independently from each other. The most interesting part is that you can also see the number of liquid providers offered on the terminal of which with MT4 and 5, that doesn't happen, and that is the root course of all the irregularities that traders experience.

I will go with a broker that offers cTrader as one of their platform, if you prefer MT4 then the choice is yours.

In a true ECN/STP platform, both the bid/ask indicators do not move simultaneously, but unilaterally or independent from each other, regardless of the spreads provided by different liquid providers.

the true ECN allows placing a limit order inside the spread. And the bid or ask quote will change according to your price. If an ECN rejected a limit order between bid/ask, that is not a true ECN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back