Ponzi Scheme Did anyone hear of UTMarkets forex broker in London?

Guaranteed profits become guaranteed losses.
Client has no control of the money as i understand because UTMarkets requests the client to hand over the money to them instead of the client choosing a prefered broker around the world.

But perhaps UTMarkets is a regulated broker, who knows.....

As far I know, UT Markets as a company and as a broker is not regulated at all, I almost opened a trading account for me to become a trader with them, but they failed to present me the regulations, a guy called Mohammad in July last year. So let's say I become a trader and there is a crash in the market and I loose all my money, or the company goes into insolvency, I would never see my money again.

Do you guys remember the SNB announcement on Jan last year? Even though with regulations, the brokers in Australia and New Zealand din't pay the clients (traders and investors), so you can imagine the damage an unregulated broker can do.

What Only20go is describing is a regular managed forex account. The lack of individual accounts where you can see the actual trades as they happen at UTMarkets puts it (at best) into the category of "pooled investment".

The only pooled investments with any safety are those run by large, long-established, and well regulated companies. Even then, it's not 100%. Bernie Madoff's Ponzi was a pooled investment. The main warning sign was the fixed return of 10% (per years) without regard to market conditions.

For regular managed forex accounts, you never want a broker employee doing the trading. Even an ECN broker could disconnect your account from the liquidity providers and then "lose" all your money (and really put it in their own pockets).

So, I hope everyone with money at UT Markets is busy filing reports. The faster it's locked down, the less time for then to hide all the money.

Latest I've heard from a friend invested in UT - this month's dividend was significantly down (7%), blaming it on Brexit (!!). They have also changed their policy regarding closing accounts, where it will now take up to 6 months for them to return whatever funds are in your account. I'm sensing a bit of deja vu!

In other news, there's an EK cabin crew member currently trying to start his own "totally legal" forex trading scheme. He says that Dubai authorities will only grant him a trading license if he provides a AED50million guarantee, and is currently touting crew for investment to come in "at the top of the pyramid" (!!!)

Friend of mine tried to partially withdraw his account few days ago and has been told he could only withdraw a profit and if he wanted to close or partially withdraw account he had to wait 3-6 months then he asked for a termiation of the whole account and said he still had to wait even for this request to be processed. And another guy asked for a termination more than 3 weeks ago and since then hasn't got confirmation or even a simpe reply to his messages.

Hi.
I have been following this forum for about 1 year or so, I just decided to join.
I have money in UT. I am aware that it is my fault for doing so and the risk was mine, and I am absolutely ok with that. I am a grown up and fully responsible for my actions. I just thought I'd share this with you guys.

I have decided to close my account, and they plain refused. How? First, they stated that there were "talk with banks". Then, that there were a lot of people closing accounts. Interestingly I closed mine a bit earlier than all those 850 people. Now I have made another withdrawal and still waiting for my "Manager" to reply to me. I am absolutely sure I have lost my money.
Now, there is people waiting for their "profits" to be transferred to their accounts, that has been delayed also. There's people who requested as early as 24th july and are still waiting for a small amount.

They are deleting all "negative" comments in their facebook group, and even kicking people out. Negative being people concerned about UT not playing fair. As usual, they are getting attacked and accused of being "scaremongers".

The UT "managers" are ignoring my messages. I know of some people who are complaining about the same thing.
The trolls (some with fake accounts and some with real) are defending and even cheering the issues, as this is just "a small hiccup". A hiccup that's not allowing people to get their money back, nonetheless.
David Smith is the biggest troll in there. He's an cabin crew that refuses to use his real name.

For this "6 months" thing I can't speak as I haven't received a reply yet.

I am not afraid to say at this point, that the guys at UT have packed their bags and left.

--My question to you guys, as you know a bit more about the forex world and its legal scope.
What would the procedure be if you want to bring the people who are involved in the scam to justice? There's cabin crew with real names actively defending and promoting the scam. This alone counts as evidence that these people are working along with UT, or even are part of them, correct?--

I was hoping this thing was real, sadly it was not. Still, I was not as desperate as other people to invest life time savings or such!
Cheers!

Hi.
I have been following this forum for about 1 year or so, I just decided to join.
I have money in UT. I am aware that it is my fault for doing so and the risk was mine, and I am absolutely ok with that. I am a grown up and fully responsible for my actions. I just thought I'd share this with you guys.

I have decided to close my account, and they plain refused. How? First, they stated that there were "talk with banks". Then, that there were a lot of people closing accounts. Interestingly I closed mine a bit earlier than all those 850 people. Now I have made another withdrawal and still waiting for my "Manager" to reply to me. I am absolutely sure I have lost my money.
Now, there is people waiting for their "profits" to be transferred to their accounts, that has been delayed also. There's people who requested as early as 24th july and are still waiting for a small amount.

They are deleting all "negative" comments in their facebook group, and even kicking people out. Negative being people concerned about UT not playing fair. As usual, they are getting attacked and accused of being "scaremongers".

The UT "managers" are ignoring my messages. I know of some people who are complaining about the same thing.
The trolls (some with fake accounts and some with real) are defending and even cheering the issues, as this is just "a small hiccup". A hiccup that's not allowing people to get their money back, nonetheless.
David Smith is the biggest troll in there. He's an cabin crew that refuses to use his real name.

For this "6 months" thing I can't speak as I haven't received a reply yet.

I am not afraid to say at this point, that the guys at UT have packed their bags and left.

--My question to you guys, as you know a bit more about the forex world and its legal scope.
What would the procedure be if you want to bring the people who are involved in the scam to justice? There's cabin crew with real names actively defending and promoting the scam. This alone counts as evidence that these people are working along with UT, or even are part of them, correct?--

I was hoping this thing was real, sadly it was not. Still, I was not as desperate as other people to invest life time savings or such!
Cheers!

Hi RainDXB, I can feel your pain, I'm trying to alert the EK crew community for the past one year, I've been attacked many times, including this David Smith, which if he is really cabin crew, he should be ashamed to try to put a colleague down like me and keep advertising UT Markets, now there is another company called FxExpert, also from Bulgaria and this company is currently calling UT clients, so that means UT Market (or their staff) gave the clients list to FxExpert, which in my opinion is completely wrong, since UT never asked permission to do so.

What you can do is, invite an UT staff to come and join this thread and explain the reasons of the delays, if they deny, send them weekly emails regarding your issue, if still not resolved. Go ahead and create a scam alert session on FPA, If more people are having issues, this thread can also be removed from "Have you heard of" to the "Scam alert" session.

You can also forward your complain to econsumer.gov and see if there is any other complain regarding UT.

Regarding the people who are advertising UT, if you have their names, emails with the conversation and it gets confirmed that UT is scamming people, in regulated countries, such as UK and USA, they could face serious problems, but in Dubai is more difficult, but you can still forward to the local authorities and see if they can do anything against those ones that are promoting.

I'm happy that you were always aware of the dangerous from the beginning of investing in a non regulated company, it doesn't always necessary mean that is a bad thing, but if you want to be on the safer side, you should always look for a regulated company, and still there you can face issues, but they tend to be much lower and easier to be sort it out then the ones without regulation. If you want to reach me privately as well, feel free to do so.

Also if you have colleagues that are facing the same issues, I suggest you to invite them to join this thread, since here your complains won't be deleted by UT members.

Regards,

Marcelo

Latest I've heard from a friend invested in UT - this month's dividend was significantly down (7%), blaming it on Brexit (!!). They have also changed their policy regarding closing accounts, where it will now take up to 6 months for them to return whatever funds are in your account. I'm sensing a bit of deja vu!

In other news, there's an EK cabin crew member currently trying to start his own "totally legal" forex trading scheme. He says that Dubai authorities will only grant him a trading license if he provides a AED50million guarantee, and is currently touting crew for investment to come in "at the top of the pyramid" (!!!)

What an irony, I heard that due Brexit, UT would be able to give even better returns to the clients, that's what my friend that has an account told me, and now you're telling me the opposite. But still they gave 7%, this is an amazing result, which the best hedge fund mangers around the world would be so jealous, since they reaching about 1% per month.

Do you know the EK Cabin Crew member that's currently trying to start his own "totally legal Forex Trading Scheme"? I hope you're not talking about me,,, because I have my own fund and it's something completely legal and it has nothing to do with pyramid, but people talk to much and they prefer to put something legit down, and keep the ponzi scheme running for as long as they can, because of the referrals and commissions earned. Recently I was accused of being a scammer here at FPA and me and the admin members managed to find out that it was a fake profile with 3 different accounts. So I suggest you to verify your source of information, because if you don't have real fact arguments, it's difficult to track whoever is trying to build a new scheme or promoting something illegal.

Hope you understand, thanks for letting us know.

What an irony, I heard that due Brexit, UT would be able to give even better returns to the clients, that's what my friend that has an account told me, and now you're telling me the opposite. But still they gave 7%, this is an amazing result, which the best hedge fund mangers around the world would be so jealous, since they reaching about 1% per month.

Do you know the EK Cabin Crew member that's currently trying to start his own "totally legal Forex Trading Scheme"? I hope you're not talking about me,,, because I have my own fund and it's something completely legal and it has nothing to do with pyramid, but people talk to much and they prefer to put something legit down, and keep the ponzi scheme running for as long as they can, because of the referrals and commissions earned. Recently I was accused of being a scammer here at FPA and me and the admin members managed to find out that it was a fake profile with 3 different accounts. So I suggest you to verify your source of information, because if you don't have real fact arguments, it's difficult to track whoever is trying to build a new scheme or promoting something illegal.

Hope you understand, thanks for letting us know.

It doesn't matter if UT are offering 7% or 700%. By all accounts, they're no longer paying out. I'd rather take the legitimate 1% from the real hedge fund manager.

I don't know the name of the crew member. I was told the information second-hand. As I'm not a crew member myself I didn't ask the name (as it's unlikely to mean anything to me). This guy was fishing for funds, which you say you already have, so it's presumably not you.

It doesn't matter if UT are offering 7% or 700%. By all accounts, they're no longer paying out. I'd rather take the legitimate 1% from the real hedge fund manager.

I don't know the name of the crew member. I was told the information second-hand. As I'm not a crew member myself I didn't ask the name (as it's unlikely to mean anything to me). This guy was fishing for funds, which you say you already have, so it's presumably not you.

I completely agree with you, 1% per month, specially with compound interest, it's a very good result indeed, by what you say, it's not me, since I'm not interesting in fishing for funds, this is not the primary aim, the aim is a legal investment and capital protection.

Keep us posted of any news.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Turning Winners into Losers: When Ponzi Schemes Collapse : Clawbacks

In a typical Ponzi scheme, early investors earn “profits” not through any legitimate investment activity on the part of the Ponzi scheme operator; instead the operator simply transfers money that later investors deposit to the earlier investors who seek redemptions. Lately they are advertised as Forex algorithms. As such, when the scheme goes bust, as it must, the Ponzi scheme operator will not have enough money to cover all of the investors’ deposits, let alone the earnings on those deposits that the investors thought they were owed.

Legally, the scheme’s winners – i.e., those who withdrew more money than they deposited – can be compelled to return their fictitious profits to help defray the losses to the scheme’s losers. They are required to do so even if they did not know, and had no reason to know, that theirs was not a legitimate investment.

This is called a "clawback" which allows victims to seek the return of funds distributed to investors, even from those who were fortunate enough to have turned a profit or redeemed their investments before the schemes unraveled.

Many cases have won in court, whereas “net winners” are required to pay back past withdrawals to be redistributed to the larger pool of victims.

The chances of getting some money back are greatly increased when the names of complicit individuals are identified. Direct legal action can be taken against those who promoted, or enjoyed commissions from bringing in new clients.

The complicit members of a Ponzi scheme are known as "Promoters": the majority are aware the scheme is fraudulent, but they do their utmost to ensure the scheme stays alive as long as possible to maximise their profit.

Promoters use their network of "friends"/"acquaintances"/"work mates" to keep the scheme going to secure their own interest - profit from others joining after them. Facebook groups are now the standard weapons used by these promoters.

These groups are full of optimism, positivity and mutual congratulations of high returns. They feed on greed and the social approval of members all enjoying returns that out-strip any other financial instrument. They just egg each other on.

All these groups look like independent forums - the reality is they all have to remain positive for the Ponzi to continue and grow. Any legitimate questions or negative posts are deleted immediately. Anyone with valid questions is banned from the facebook group. Only positive comments that encourage others to join the Ponzi are allowed.

Tadawul/Exential has taught the intelligent people a lesson. Unfortunately UT has convinced the remainder that they can double their money in 6 months, beating the rest of the financial world. If true, all businesses would close, sell their assets and invest in UT instead of trying to turn a profit running a legitimate enterprise.

UT has now delayed profits - due to banking changes - deja vu Exential
UT does not allow account closures - min 3-6 months wait - deja vu Exential
UT does not respond to emails or whatsup(what a unprofessional and suspicious communication technique from a financial institution anyway!), telephones are disconnected.

As with all Ponzi schemes, they start to unravel when more people leave than are coming in. Liquidity issues. Ponzi schemes always spin it as banking issues. The truth is, there is not enough new money to pay the old. There is not enough money left to pay profits.

UT seem to have a viable strategy: lose money on their fake FX trades/App so as not to pay any more profits. FX is risky they say: big returns mean big risks....sorry we lost your money..sorry... they do this so you do not complain to the authorities. You basically lost on a high return, high risk investment. The majority of people will accept the loss and not pursue legal action.

But you can. You were conned.

Start you clawback proceedings NOW! Gather evidence and names of "promoters". Take screen shots of facebook groups and messages received. You still have a chance to get your money back. Do not leave it too late as Exential clients did!! Take action.

Here is a list of people actively promoting UT and managing positive facebook groups. Take down the names, you will need them to try and clawback your initial investment, they are all promoting and discouraging valid question/concerns. They all post news/updates/communication as if direct from UT management on their sites, despite official sources remaining silent. They want you to stay in the Ponzi, calm you down and get other people to join - shocking but true.

Names to note down and facebook posts that you should copy when you try and clawback you initial investment:

Facebook promoters sites: Owners:

Jonathan Suplito

Zuzana Milerska

Jeremy C Grech

Hedi Ben Romdhane

Benjamyn Giordano

David Smith - Unknown
------------------------

Others:

Andrea Ambroggi

Ben Gernale Enerlan

Tatiana Tomasetti

Have any other promoters you have come across? post them here..................................

Back