how you do analysis?

Personally, I look at longer time frames for major trends and short time frames to look for pullbacks or possible trend reversals.

In my experience, one can see a trend reversal on the longer time frames in general. Of course, retracements are another matter altogether, one can see a signal for one even on the 5-minute and 15-minute charts.

In my experience, one can see a trend reversal on the longer time frames in general. Of course, retracements are another matter altogether, one can see a signal for one even on the 5-minute and 15-minute charts.

Consider however that anything happening on a higher timeframe should have earlier warning signs on the 2 next lower time frames. Other than major news surprises, price on a daily charge isn;t going to reverse without some sort of clear shift on the 4 hour and hourly chart.

Consider however that anything happening on a higher timeframe should have earlier warning signs on the 2 next lower time frames. Other than major news surprises, price on a daily charge isn;t going to reverse without some sort of clear shift on the 4 hour and hourly chart.

When I was talking about trend reversal I was mostly referring to overall movements that we can observe on the weekly to monthly time frames. I don't think it is very likely to see a signal for such a change on the 5- to 30-minute or even 1-hour time frames or even if we do at the time they appear we won't consider them to be particularly reliable in that regard, although I think I have seen signals on the 4-hour time frame that could be trusted.

All that said, I agree with you for the most part in the terms you are describing it.

I am also using daily timeframe and also weekly timeframe but usually will look on hourly timeframe to analyze the current trend, and usually will use weekly and daily as trigger decision about major trend

Sometimes even the monthly time frame can provide a signal for a major trend reversal. Those tend to be the most reliable, but also the slowest to come to fruition.

Sometimes even the monthly time frame can provide a signal for a major trend reversal. Those tend to be the most reliable, but also the slowest to come to fruition.

Yes it is also a true fact that if we will keep looking at the different time frames then our trading will become better and also we will be able to get timely trading signals easily :)

Yes it is also a true fact that if we will keep looking at the different time frames then our trading will become better and also we will be able to get timely trading signals easily :)
Yes I think also good to look on different timeframe, sometime we get different view about trend market on different timeframe, likely some trader using high timeframe like as weekly to look on major trend long term and then look lower timeframe to seeking best timing making entry point

When I was talking about trend reversal I was mostly referring to overall movements that we can observe on the weekly to monthly time frames. I don't think it is very likely to see a signal for such a change on the 5- to 30-minute or even 1-hour time frames or even if we do at the time they appear we won't consider them to be particularly reliable in that regard, although I think I have seen signals on the 4-hour time frame that could be trusted.

All that said, I agree with you for the most part in the terms you are describing it.

That's why I would only look 1-2 time frames lower. For monthly trends, I'd be checking weekly and daily charts. For Weekly chart trends, I'd check daily. If I saw something suspicious, I might check to see if the 4 hour chart was in a strengthening trend against the weekly or not.

That being said, I fully agree that anything lower would be silly as an early warning comparison on the chart times you are trading. The signal to noise ratio gets worse as you get farther below the main chart and the disconnect in trends also increases more as you drop each level.

That's why I would only look 1-2 time frames lower. For monthly trends, I'd be checking weekly and daily charts. For Weekly chart trends, I'd check daily. If I saw something suspicious, I might check to see if the 4 hour chart was in a strengthening trend against the weekly or not.

That being said, I fully agree that anything lower would be silly as an early warning comparison on the chart times you are trading. The signal to noise ratio gets worse as you get farther below the main chart and the disconnect in trends also increases more as you drop each level.

I figured as much and I agree. Which time frame do you watch the most? Or you have no set preference?

I prefer daily and weekly myself. I don't just go down to lower time frames. I check at least 1 higher to try make sure the reversal I think I'm seeing isn't just a minor pullback on a freight train of a trend on the higher time frame.

I prefer daily and weekly myself. I don't just go down to lower time frames. I check at least 1 higher to try make sure the reversal I think I'm seeing isn't just a minor pullback on a freight train of a trend on the higher time frame.

I watch those two, as well as the four-hour time frame, because I think one can see pretty reliable signals on that one as well.

Back