When we can trade without stop loss?

50% wipe out is only half as bad as the total wipe out no SL would likely have led to. :D

But, you are right, SL's can't provide good protection against big losses if they are too wide.
So might will better if using stop loss strictly isn't, because it will boosting more chances to open new trades with new analysis, trading without stop loss as trader also need ready with last consequence if might could facing with margin call

50% wipe out is only half as bad as the total wipe out no SL would likely have led to. :D

But, you are right, SL's can't provide good protection against big losses if they are too wide.

Frankly, in cases when my stop loss has been too wide I have actually closed my position manually. And then I learned not to place it that way.

Frankly, in cases when my stop loss has been too wide I have actually closed my position manually. And then I learned not to place it that way.

The use of the stop loss must be done in such a manner that the losses are limited and the amount of income that we can get from our trading is stable. This also means that it is in our hands to limit our losses :)

yes use of stop loss should be after good analysis other wise you can loose your amount when stop loss hit again and again. Stop loss is a helping tool to manage risk but is not ensure trader that he will not loose in trading. I like SL in trading because I feel comfortable with it.

yes use of stop loss should be after good analysis other wise you can loose your amount when stop loss hit again and again. Stop loss is a helping tool to manage risk but is not ensure trader that he will not loose in trading. I like SL in trading because I feel comfortable with it.

If we will place our stop losses correctly then our trading will be in control and also we will be able to limit our trades from severe losses. This is actually important for us when we are getting huge losses :(

If we will place our stop losses correctly then our trading will be in control and also we will be able to limit our trades from severe losses. This is actually important for us when we are getting huge losses :(
Stop loss still used among trader to manage the risk in trading, this is also as part in risk management plan, and although possible trade without stop loss but this required concentration to cut loss if likely the trend against our order

There was a long period of time when I was placing my stop losses too close and they got taken out again and again. It took me a while to learn that one needs to be as patient about stop loss placement as about everything else when it comes to trading.

There was a long period of time when I was placing my stop losses too close and they got taken out again and again. It took me a while to learn that one needs to be as patient about stop loss placement as about everything else when it comes to trading.

In placing the stop losses what is more important for is is the levels at which we are placing them and how they are going to protect us from great losses :D

You can try trading on higher time frame, like H4 or daily. Now those are wide stops.

You can try trading on higher time frame, like H4 or daily. Now those are wide stops.

That is exactly what I've already learned to do, fortunately. I find that the signals on the four-hour and daily time frames are also more reliable than those on the shorter time frames.

Back