How do you handle your losses?

It is reality that no one can claim that he never face the loss, I would like to say that loss is the best mentor and we should learn from the loss which is the only way to handle it

In those cases I try to avoid feeling depressed by focusing on doing something productive, such as figuring out why I made a mistake and how I can avoid making it in the future. Occupying my mind like this certainly helps.

Profits and loss are both part of trading or any other business, it is good if we should trade according to a trade management plan and i usually stop trading more if ever my trades went bad. Its better to leave the trades than to loose more money while chasing lost money.

I agree - it's always better to take a step back and figure out what went wrong than do anything else. That way you can avoid making a similar mistake in the future.

when you had a backup plan you will never feel much tension while loosing. You can find another way to handle loss. Without preparation loss effect on your capital as well as your mins a lot. You have to mentally prepare for it so that you will not feel much bad.

I agree - it's always better to take a step back and figure out what went wrong than do anything else. That way you can avoid making a similar mistake in the future.
Yes I think we all trying to avoid same mistake, but in reality sometime about temptation is like as something that hard to denied, this is about psychology trading and only trader that having strong psychology might can more discipline

when you had a backup plan you will never feel much tension while loosing. You can find another way to handle loss. Without preparation loss effect on your capital as well as your mins a lot. You have to mentally prepare for it so that you will not feel much bad.
That is why before every trade you take, you have to be aware of the losses you may have (your stop loss), instead of fantasizing about the money you will earn. That way if your position hits stop loss you won't be emotionally affected (not much at least), and if your take profit gets hit it'll feel better.

I always learn from my mistakes as loss is the best mentor and learning from my loss. Loss is the part of this business and everybody has to face the loss but we should learn from our mistakes and use it for our advantage.

Back