• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

I need to choose new company because of new regulations

Hakkonen

Recruit
Could you tell me your views on IC markets and Global Kapital Markets ? I compare that two companies under some criterias. (Leverage proportions ,trustfully criteria, good technical support,pointed daily news ) .Thanks

Could you tell me your views on IC markets and Global Kapital Markets ? I compare that two companies under some criterias. (Leverage proportions ,trustfully criteria, good technical support,pointed daily news ) .Thanks
I'm going to create a new thread to explain the difference between a business model and trading infrastructure--an ECN is the latter, market making or B-booking or systematic internalization of client flow/orders or order flow warehousing vs A-book or agency model, or STP is the former.

I encourage to read it before you fall for the marketing gimmicks of the likes of ICMarkets, IG, CMC, etc the list is too long to mention them all.

One more thing: I was on the phone with quite a few sales representative, both from small and new to the larger brokers. The rationale: email is one thing, but when I don't get straight answers, I pick up the phone and work my magic ;-) . And guess what I found out? A lot of those guys don't know their arses from good sales techniques, which is great because this enabled me to get them to spill the beans.

For those whose native language is not English, 'to spill the beans' is an idiomatic expression meaning: to reveal the truth about something.

And now for the scoop: You would be shocked if you knew how many told me to simply ignore terms such as 'TrueECN' found on their websites BECAUSE it is not--ahum, big shocker--exactly true! Can you believe this?! Those guys would actually confess it after I applied some of my high pressure reverse sales tactics on them.

So read the new thread I am about to create to get an idea what ECN is and why it is not a business model and therefore does not mean your broker is not a market maker and so on. Then, armed with this knowledge, set forth into the wild beyond and patronize only the few honest brokers out there and forget about some of the largest outfits. As we just recently had proof, even the very large and 'established' brokers--FXCM--can claim NDD/ECN and not actually do it! So use your imagination and apply it to what might actually really be going on at the other very large firms with billion dollar market caps.

Back