How do you handle your losses?

I think these losses are the price paid as compensation to learn experience from the mistakes done in forex trading, however we can also learn from others experience instead of making loss at our own. Forums are the best way to share and learn from fellow traders.

It is reality that loss always give the lesson and we should learn from our mistakes as loss is the best mentor and I can handle my loss as I always learn from my mistakes and I am earning reasonable amount, keep in mind that learning from loss is the best revenge.

It is reality that loss always give the lesson and we should learn from our mistakes as loss is the best mentor and I can handle my loss as I always learn from my mistakes and I am earning reasonable amount, keep in mind that learning from loss is the best revenge.

As a trader if we will make some mistakes in doing our trading then we can easily get losses in our trading accounts. We will need to use such a trading strategy that is less risky for us and try to minimize our losses :D

To be honest, I am very sincere on my profit ratio; like usually I use 1:3; 1:4 profit ratio in my live trading! That means, i am able to recover my 3 losing trades by only one TP! That’s my main strategy of recovering my losing trades! On the other hand, I don’t increase my trading lot size, I always use fixed trading lot size in my trading! Thus I make dealing with my losing trades!

To be honest, I am very sincere on my profit ratio; like usually I use 1:3; 1:4 profit ratio in my live trading! That means, i am able to recover my 3 losing trades by only one TP! That’s my main strategy of recovering my losing trades! On the other hand, I don’t increase my trading lot size, I always use fixed trading lot size in my trading! Thus I make dealing with my losing trades!
It sounds to me like some sort of martingale. Isn't it?

No, it's just good risk management. To simplify the description, imagine if your SL was always 25 pips and you always set your TP in the 75-100 pip range. Then it would take 3 or 4 losses to wipe out one win.

Of course, if you don't put a good system behind it, you'll end up averaging 4-6 losses per win, so this risk/reward ratio is only part of an overall trading plan.

SL, TP are not surety that you will win from market. nothing will be helpful until you had not ability to judge market, place right entry and plan realistic. Then one will loose less he will manage money and risk very well.

SL, TP are not surety that you will win from market. nothing will be helpful until you had not ability to judge market, place right entry and plan realistic. Then one will loose less he will manage money and risk very well.

SL and TP are necessary when you need to restrict the amount you can lose to certain % from equity. When position is relatively small to the deposit size like 0.05 lot to 10K then you are unlikely to pick a trade that can blow out your account and trade without stop loss.

I have in my mind that no one can avoid the loss, so I can handle my losses with my strong mentally approach and I face the terrible situation and learn from my losses, I am getting desirable results while learning from my mistakes.

I think there should be a margin for loss. I keep in mind how much loss can be occur in this particular trading that I am going to do. I feel bad in loss but accept it . we can not get rid of it although do some good plan for managing and controlling on it.

Back