How do you handle your losses?

First of all, you shouldn't be sorry about losses. You should simplyanalyse your mistakes and continue trading.

First of all, you shouldn't be sorry about losses. You should simplyanalyse your mistakes and continue trading.

That's easier in theory than in practice, I think. Feeling sorry about one's losses that is. One always thinks that they could've done better. I do agree, however, that one needs to analyse one's trades to learn from their mistakes.

First of all we should learn from the loss instead of doing revenge trading we should learn from loss and next time we should enter with trading plan so maximum time should be spent in demo account and practice different strategies.

First of all we should learn from the loss instead of doing revenge trading we should learn from loss and next time we should enter with trading plan so maximum time should be spent in demo account and practice different strategies.

I agree. It's important not to be afraid to experiment with different strategies. If one strategy is not working out for you, test another and another until you find one that fits you.

It is true that you need to find a good strategy but if you keep on going from one to another you may not be spending long enough to master each strategy

I admit that from time to time I do trade impulsively still, without following a plan, especially if I see a signal that I am sure is very good. Sometimes it pans out, sometimes it doesn't. It's better to follow the plan.

Losses are part of the trading market and if you just keep thinking of the loss then how you will make profit. You have to calculate loss factor in each trade and then just follow your trades even if you are losing.

Losses are part of the trading market and if you just keep thinking of the loss then how you will make profit. You have to calculate loss factor in each trade and then just follow your trades even if you are losing.

As an ultimate results the cumulative return from your winning trades must exceed the loss from losing trades, no matter how many both of them were placed. Its not about hunting for immediate profit, but device long-distance plans where particular losing or winning trades don't impact your mindset at all.

Good point. A trader should take into account that their analysis is not infallible and that mistakes happen. The important thing is to learn from one's mistakes and attempt not to repeat them.

We should learn from the loss and every time we trade we must follow trading plan to overcome the loss and maximize profit ratio. We should analyze the market and keep an eye on trend of the market. With money management skills we can get control over greed.

Back