• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Birman Law

So where is it?

I hate to be one of these condescending forum users but my gosh... this is just ridiculous.

I have worked in banking for several years and the idea you can magically recover funds from offshore companies is such a joke! You completely ignored myself and Pharaoh's concerns as well.

Please, do share your real references. I don't understand how this firm, Giambrone, etc are taken seriously.

Hi Daniel, in those 50 cases that you're currently awaiting to finalize and recover money for your clients is there any against BIGOPTION?
Yes, They are one of the companies we are working against.
If you have any more questions, i recommend you go to our website and register for a free consultation so you can see how and if we can help you.

Hi Daniel

Apparently we don't understand the document we have been asked to sign, it is full of legal jargon and we should probably have a solicitor look at it for us but it would be another expense.

But it does state the 2.5% (if it goes to court and there is no guarantee it won't) has to be paid up front. Also item 2 states that we grant you the attorney the right to receive the money for us and, 1: retain the contingency fee I assume this is the 20%, also in 2: Deduct any court costs already paid by the attorney. Further on is states that we agree to forward any said fees along with any expenses incurred by Birman Law. What if we don't have the money to keep paying out? In the end do we get anything back?

I realise that this will cost I don't expect anyone to do work without getting paid but having been scammed by a binary option company this doesn't look good especially when emails are never replied to and phone calls to Birman Law are not answered. Also the Power of Attorney mentions our house being on the line if we can't afford the expenses.

You mention if we lose we do not pay all the costs, what does that mean do we have to pay some costs or no costs? Your comment does not make it clear.
Dear Noddy9986,

The court fees incurred are in case we do go to court for your specific case as Israeli law forbids the lawyer from paying the court fees.
In this scenario we would directly contact you beforehand and give you the option if you would like to proceed before any costs are incurred.
I would recommend calling in and having someone explain the standard Power Of Attorney document to you, why it is needed and what is it means in terms of having the power to be your attorney.

You are welcome to call us anytime, our days off are Friday and Saturday.

Dear Noddy9986,

The court fees incurred are in case we do go to court for your specific case as Israeli law forbids the lawyer from paying the court fees.
In this scenario we would directly contact you beforehand and give you the option if you would like to proceed before any costs are incurred.
I would recommend calling in and having someone explain the standard Power Of Attorney document to you, why it is needed and what is it means in terms of having the power to be your attorney.

Hi Birman law representatives have you ever taken any of these brokers to court before if yes what was the outcome. How long does it take for a court date? Have you represented anyone against BIGOPTION before?

Dear Noddy9986,

Unfortunately we were not told the truth with our initial contact, in fact we were lied to, and although we do 'believe' Birman Law is genuine this has made us very cautious. The document says nothing about contacting us before going ahead with the court costs so how do we know this will happen. The power of attorney virtually says it can take 'everything' from us to recover costs, this appears to include our home and any thing else in joint names. Phone calls are not easy as the line is often dreadful and the people are sometimes hard to communicate with, this is not necessarily their fault, just a fact, so the phone conversations are not always good. We have tried emailing but no one answers the emails. We are getting more response from this Forum.

Unfortunately we were not told the truth with our initial contact, in fact we were lied to, and although we do 'believe' Birman Law is genuine this has made us very cautious. The document says nothing about contacting us before going ahead with the court costs so how do we know this will happen. The power of attorney virtually says it can take 'everything' from us to recover costs, this appears to include our home and any thing else in joint names. Phone calls are not easy as the line is often dreadful and the people are sometimes hard to communicate with, this is not necessarily their fault, just a fact, so the phone conversations are not always good. We have tried emailing but no one answers the emails. We are getting more response from this Forum.

Dear Noddy9986, This document entails that your attorney has the power to act on your behalf, demand claims for you and settle on your behalf, all when they are working in your best interest and follows legal requirements on how to be drafted. Please send an email to office@birmanglobal.com and mention what you wrote above and that you are dissatisfied and request someone to explain you the power of attorney, someone will contact you as soon as they get to your email as we like to make sure our clients understand these legal documents and know that we are working for their best interest.

I emailed Lili at Birman with my queries about the power of attorney two weeks ago and I'm still waiting for a reply. If nothing it's been the best way to stop spamming calls as the phone has been silent.
I have had successful charge backs on my credit and debit cards, but the UK banks said it was not possible to trace money paid from your bank to another unless you were a legitimate law enforcement agency. I have seen mention somewhere that an ex Israeli intelligence guy had traced money.
My question to Lili at Birman law was that if Birman were so confident of getting money back why did they ask for money up front!!!!
Ambulance chasers at least don't ask for money up front.
Whenever I've engaged a UK law practice I've not had to sign a power of attorney. The one you sign for Birman, as another commentator said earlier, your signing your house away plus everything else like pensions.
It's a joke.

Forgot to add that Lili supplied a name and phone number for a reference. When I called it my phone service supplier would not connect. She called me a few days later and said her reference had received my call and supplied a reference which was utter *rap.

Back