2015 Scoundrel of the Year Vote

Which of these should win the 2015 Scoundrel of the Year Award?

• Reza Mokhtarian and Capital Trust Markets for multiple threats

Votes: 76 70.4%
  • Benjamin and SkyFx for bribery attempt and legal threats

Votes: 33 30.6%
  • MFX Broker for sponsoring a convicted criminal scammer

Votes: 25 23.1%
  • Jonathan Vance for offering a bribe to hide client reviews

Votes: 24 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AsstModerator

FPA Forums and Reviews Admin
I decided to do something a little different this year. Instead of voting on which scam brokers are the scammiest, I thought it might be more fun to decide which of the Scoundrels of 2015 is the most deserving of the title Scoundrel of the Year.

Candidates are restricted to the 4 persons/companies which earned a thread in this folder during 2015. Any attempts to nominate others will probably be deleted.

The candidates, in chronological order...

Reza Mokhtarian of Capital Trust Markets

Reza Mokhtarian used nearly every known method of threats and manipulation to try to prevent clients from being able to complain about him and his company. He even invented a few new methods, such as claiming to have accidentally unleashed superhackers who would do terrible things to the FPA and to me, unless I did everything Reza desired.

Capital Trust Markets is out of business and has been labelled a Scam. Reza's newest scheme is called MentorTips. Reza is a very persistent person. He was the first to get a scoundrel thread in 2015 and continues to send the occasional threat my way.

https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/comm...rkets-has-made-threats-against-the-fpa.39886/

Benjamin Franz from SkyFx

Benjamin Franz (not his real name) decided to mix a poor attempt at bribery with a legal threat if the FPA did not lift the Scam label earned by SkyFx. After making the threat, he even asked for a "period of grace" where the Scam label could be lifted to allow them to pay clients. I do not see how an FPA rating affects a company's ability to send money owed to traders.

SkyFx's license has just been suspended by Cysec. It also appears the owner is in legal trouble over a Ponzi scheme. I think leaving SkyFx with it's Scam designation was the correct decision.

https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/comm...ted-by-using-legal-threats-and-bribery.42688/

MFX Broker

I enjoyed watching The Wolf of Wall Street. It was a great movie, based on the actions of one of the worst scammers in US history. I was sickened beyond belief to see MFX Broker posting a press release at the FPA which talked about how this man's brokerage made a lot of money - with no mention that he was a drug abusing convicted criminal who stole millions of dollars from traders.

https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/comm...an-event-with-a-famous-trading-scammer.43275/

Jonathan Vance, alleged lawyer, admitted bribe attempt

Claiming to operate on behalf of an unnamed client, this so-called lawyer offered an ad contract plus a payout if negative reviews could be removed. I don't think he liked my reply. He never wrote back.

https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/community/threads/another-person-thinks-he-can-bribe-the-fpa.43420/

You may vote for 1, 2, 3, or 4 of the candidates. Please cast your vote for as many of the candidates as you like.

I'm going to leave this poll open for 3 months.

EDIT: Again, this thread is for discussing and voting on the 4 people and/or companies which got scoundrel's threads in 2015. It is not for Scam complaints against unrelated companies. I have already deleted 2 off topic posts.

I have no relationship with Reza. I'm not one of his students and I don't take any of his stuff. I've watched his youtube, and periscope a few times but that is it.

He explained the Capital Trust fiasco, offered up some proof and had a pretty convincing defense.
According to him at best he was scammed himself, at worst it seems as if it was a deal that went bad unintentionally.

He had screenshots and emails as proof of his claims. Everything looked consistent with his story.

Does FPA have any material evidence to support the claim of scammer? Other then some threats that he made to cease and desist making claims against him. I would be pretty pissed off too, if I was called a scammer and wasn't. I'm not saying if he is or isn't I'm just asking.

Whether you like him or not, slamming somebody enough to label them online as one of the biggest scammers of the year is pretty harsh unless there is some pretty heavy proof to offer up. What proof do you have that his side of the story is not true?

You label him a scammer because he made some threats? What does that have to do with scamming? Is there any method to dispute a finding here?
Who makes the decision and looks through the evidence etc?

It seems like a bunch of people who don't like Reza's attitude and hustling personality are throwing mud, that nobody credible has substantiated or not.

If this is the case, and this is how FPA operates... it will be a let down. I've always heard that this was a forum that was for truth and honesty in forex.

But that goes both ways.

Once again, I don't know this guy and have no vested interest in him one way or another, other then wanting to hear the truth, with *proof if it exists.

You say that you're out for the little retail guys, it will be messed up if FPA turns out to be the biggest bully in forex.

I think you need to read Reza's Scoundrel thread. It shows why he got labelled as a Scoundrel. If you read it, you'll understand that he's nothing more than a manipulative sociopath who would do or say anything to cover up facts and prop up his lies...

https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/comm...rkets-has-made-threats-against-the-fpa.39886/

Read the whole thread. There is plenty of proof there of Reza's threats and lies. If you want, I can dig out and post more examples.

I wasted large amounts of time trying to help Reza resolve client issues. Any time I didn't offer to do exactly what he demanded, he went from calling me his brother and friend to attacking me and threatening me.

The Scam label was completely separate from the Scoundrel label. You need to read the CTM review page...

https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/public/review/www.capitaltrustmarkets.com

As anyone can plainly see, Reza was labelled as a Scammer after getting 4 Traders Court guilty votes. Despite Reza's lies about being treated unfairly, he got exactly the same treatment as any other company by the FPA. The 3rd and 4th votes which lead to the Scam label came in February 2016. He earned the title of Scoundrel in May, 2015.

In my opinion Reza is nothing but a bully, a scammer, and a scoundrel.

If I'm the evil manipulator that Reza claims, how can you explain me leaving your poor misinterpretation of the facts and repetition of some of Reza's lies on display? It would only take me 2 mouseclicks to ban you and 2 more to make your post go away. Instead, the only posts I've deleted from this thread were 2 off-topic posts by established FPA members.

I have no relationship with Reza. I'm not one of his students and I don't take any of his stuff. I've watched his youtube, and periscope a few times but that is it.

He explained the Capital Trust fiasco, offered up some proof and had a pretty convincing defense.
According to him at best he was scammed himself, at worst it seems as if it was a deal that went bad unintentionally.

He had screenshots and emails as proof of his claims. Everything looked consistent with his story.

Does FPA have any material evidence to support the claim of scammer? Other then some threats that he made to cease and desist making claims against him. I would be pretty pissed off too, if I was called a scammer and wasn't. I'm not saying if he is or isn't I'm just asking.

Whether you like him or not, slamming somebody enough to label them online as one of the biggest scammers of the year is pretty harsh unless there is some pretty heavy proof to offer up. What proof do you have that his side of the story is not true?

You label him a scammer because he made some threats? What does that have to do with scamming? Is there any method to dispute a finding here?
Who makes the decision and looks through the evidence etc?

It seems like a bunch of people who don't like Reza's attitude and hustling personality are throwing mud, that nobody credible has substantiated or not.

If this is the case, and this is how FPA operates... it will be a let down. I've always heard that this was a forum that was for truth and honesty in forex.

But that goes both ways.

Once again, I don't know this guy and have no vested interest in him one way or another, other then wanting to hear the truth, with *proof if it exists.

You say that you're out for the little retail guys, it will be messed up if FPA turns out to be the biggest bully in forex.

Csdoes

If you really are concerned about what you say, and that is in essence a good thing!, my only conclusion can be that you are:

New to forex
No idea what so called genuine business do to steal money
You are too good of believe
All above

Sorry about being blunt but your defense is ridiculous

If you are good ,sometimes bad and jealous people try to attack you with lies, but if you are bad ass, well then many good and even bad people will definitely attack you !!! proving is easy

My Vote's in for this financial terrorist called "Reza Mokhtarian"
VsTHtGG.jpg

Back