$250 stop loss for EURUSD (1 lot) is too big or too small?

Yes in scalping trader need a high experience and trading skill to manage their accounts..They should be quick in analysis making and decisions they are taking. It is highly risky trading style .

Whenever we are trading with the help of scalping then a time will come when we will be able to tell which is a good trade for us and which one is not :)

$ 250 stop loss is too big for an ordinary trader. even with high capital he should not set stop loss at higher pips. If stop loss hit you may loose your amount . I like to trade with a small targets and use reasonable pips to use stop loss.

Its good for 100K account, but too risky for $1000 live account. For scalping acceptable SL is 0.1-1% from deposit, don't recommend more.
Yes, I can't imagine why would someone set $250 SL on a $1000 account. Wouldn't last very long...

The best use of a Stop loss is made when we will place it within the current trading ranges of 50 pips :)
Trading ranges vary in pips from trader to trader and from strategy to strategy. The most important factor when deciding stop loss is the percentage of money you are risking on a given trade. It makes no sense in having $250 stop loss in $500 account unless you are gambling and are aware of it. Instead, the logical stop loss for $500 should be anywhere between 5$ and $10.

Trading ranges vary in pips from trader to trader and from strategy to strategy. The most important factor when deciding stop loss is the percentage of money you are risking on a given trade. It makes no sense in having $250 stop loss in $500 account unless you are gambling and are aware of it. Instead, the logical stop loss for $500 should be anywhere between 5$ and $10.

Yes and that is why i am trading with Tight stop losses in my trades to remain safe in the long term :)

Traders with huge account size even have more bigger lots for their trades. It all depends on your account size, trading in millions will surely have more bigger risked amount than just $250.

I want to know, is $250 stop loss for EURUSD (1 lot) is too big or too small. I used this before (demo acc) and get mixed results. In the first day, it was no problem, my floating loss was at max $150 and I win around 7 trades. However, the next day, I lose 7 trades as well. For those who are experienced, what is the maximum stop loss and floating loss you usually get for your trade?

1% from deposit per trade. Then you are expected to get at least valuable trading experience for several months (and maybe profits if you are lucky)

I would never set such a big stop loss $250 It is not a safe way of trading I will loose this amount when trading is not at my side. Trader who had billions of capital cam use this stop loss. Average traders will not afford this risk per trade.

It is too big stop loss for small investors who had just hundreds or thousand in their account. It is not a big issue for millionaire who set this much stop loss and loose this amount. Stop loss should set according to the risk % which you are using in trading.,

Back