30% trading is gambling.

In my opinion trading is not gambling but a business that is purely based on calculations, analysis and experience based. Those who consider it as gambling try to trade without calculations and obviously losses money.

No. Gambling is what you don't control and total control of FX trading is in your hand. You can get out whenever you want.

Good control in trading will not lead trader toward s gambling. Some times he has to decide bold decisions for making profits. However he should manage it according to situation. High risk can bring high profit to him.

It is true 30% is highly risky trading. one can loose all his amount in few pips. One should understands gambling how much can make danger for him . He realize this fact after some experience, then he becomes patience . Increased risks bring profit but it is difficult to handle it.

It is true 30% is highly risky trading. one can loose all his amount in few pips. One should understands gambling how much can make danger for him . He realize this fact after some experience, then he becomes patience . Increased risks bring profit but it is difficult to handle it.

As i have mentioned above that we need to calculate the risks associated with our investments, those who ignore these evaluations are most probably trying to gamble and obviously looses money and looses more while chasing that lost money.

Forex is a business where we have to need proper knowledge, good mantle approach, better skills and demo trading experience, I don’t think it is gambling as we have to do lot of hard work but we can say it is gambling when we will do it without planning, strategy and positive approach.

No. Gambling is what you don't control and total control of FX trading is in your hand. You can get out whenever you want.
If there's a massive spike the price can jump over your stop loss and execute at the closest price. It can be hundreds of pips away. You control your exits most of the time, but occasionally you'll be surprised.

If there's a massive spike the price can jump over your stop loss and execute at the closest price. It can be hundreds of pips away. You control your exits most of the time, but occasionally you'll be surprised.

Shhh.... don't ruin the surprise. ;)

For those who don't like surprises like this, it's not just massive price spikes. Weekend gaps can be large and if your SL is exceeded, you'll be filled at the next available price. So, until you have established a comfort level with the markets, it's safer to close all trades an hour or two before trading ends on Friday and then re-evaluate and reopen (where appropriate) the next week. Yes, this will cost you a few pips, but it could save you a lot more pips.

To me, trading is not gambling. The two terms are far different in meaning. It will become gambling when a trader gambles. It is actually up to the trader whether he is focused or not.

Back