• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss AvaTrade.com (was AvaFx.com)

General discussions of a financial company
ℹ️ Info ⭐ Reviews ❓FAQ
very good execution

Hi, am new with Ava ,i opened account before about 2 months , their system is very good ,customer service too , i make withdrawal it was very good within 2 days the money in my bank account , execution very good (Auto execution) fixed spread , until now very good with me , am trading in forex about 9 years n futures 4 years, i opened with many brokers before some of them good n some very bad , every broker have good n bad things , but really until now every thing is great with Ava and i hope it will be always great with all clients .Thank you

how reliable is it to trade w a company from Cyprus?

Avafx.com is from Cyprus, a little known European country. How reliable is the Cyprus government in protecting consumer interests?

Also, for all the people here giving rave reviews to Avafx, please let us know in what country r u in now, and what made u decide to choose Avafx.

Thanks.

hi friend it seems to me with your post that you are very much impressed with the performance of avafx. I am too with avafx and very satisfied not only because their services but because the surprises to have given to me is tremendous.

To Martin and Rosy, please verify:

I hope u guys do not mind, but how will we know that u guys are 'for real', and not just some friends or staff of AvaFx who are planting fake positive feedbacks for this company? Please give as much details as possible. Thank you.

yes even I think its reliable I am trading with Avafx from quite long back. I am still trading with them. They are giving bonus of $100 also on opening an account with $200.Just send the code to the account rep. Go ahead my dear friends. Good luck.

Last edited:
Hi,
Guys you said that AVAFX is good broker
but i the reviews about it was negative.
Can you suggest me whether This broker is reliable or not

Hi,
Guys you said that AVAFX is good broker
but i the reviews about it was negative.
Can you suggest me whether This broker is reliable or not

Do not use this broker. They are not reliable at all and they delete your winning trades. Read the reviews on FPA forex broker reviews section.

Hi everyone! AVA reliable campaign, at least once, entering conclusion quick. What year back possible was only want.Signifies the company does not stand on place, but develops. But this speaks much about than.

I already posted this on the reviews section but it seems it was deleted from there since I should probably post it here. So, I have to repeat myself...

Anyway, I'm with AVAFX for 1 month now and in this time the deposition was quite fast and I also received a bonus with it. Made some profits and some losses, but seems as everybody had the same experience with them in the beginning. Will post here my future experiences with the broker.

Another thing I think could be mentioned here is about two different types of brokers: ECN brokers and market makers (retailers).

A retail forex company acts as the market maker for all your trades. They shade prices, widen spreads arbitrarily, and trade against you. Their basically modern day bucket shops. The advantages retail brokers provide are that you can open an account with very little money, they give you crazy leverage, and usually you can demo trade on their platforms until you learn what you're doing. Most of them also have micro and mini lots so you can trade very small sizes.

An ECN is like an interbank broker. They don't trade against you so there is no need to manipulate the price. They consolidate bank quotes and show you the best bid and offers available. Spreads are tighter, but you have to pay commissions. When you make a trade they pass it through to interbank, so the counterparty is a real trader. Leverage is generally lower and minimum balances are higher.

Based on the above AVAFX looks like a market maker. That could explain some of the negative reviews we can read about them. My question here is: can somebody point me to the list or something similar of ECN brokers inside the forexpeacearmy.com forums?

As soon as I encounter on problems with them I will post the reviews here and the final review on the reviews section. After all the reviews, bad and good, I still hope they are honest broker... Will keep you updated.

Let's talk about Avafx France/Belgium where there seem to be some rotten apples, I don't now about the other countries.
In march 2010 I open 2 VIP accounts and use 2 brokers they proposed to me, one for oil and one for currencies. Everything is OK but I am not to happy with one of them. I send a mail to the avafx employee to swithch to one trader and to upgrade my account and from there on things are going downhill fast.
As I put 10000€ more they propose 1000€ bonus, my money arrives but I don't see the bonus. Mail from me and mail back from avafx telling me the bonus has been awarded to me but strangly not even a commercial sorry about the fact they forgot.
Worse, I check my account and discover around 2500/2600€ is missing from my settled trades, they simply vanished with no record on any file. Mail from me to avafx and an explanation about some price changing on the oil contract. Problem is it happened on the contract with currencies where oil is a very small part of the trades done. That leaves me with a 50% cut on my profits. On the 16/5 I notice a retreat for 606,45€ from ADMIN and I presume this is the famous explanation.
I mailed 2 times to there helpdesk, no reply for the moment and I send a mail with an ultimatum for the 21/5 to get an explanation, my money that vanished and excuses or I will go elswhere. Waiting for an answer...

Back