• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem Alpari UK - another possible scam

I am having an issue with a company
Whilst we can't discuss personal account details on a public forum, we can state that pcb007's claim that the money has been removed from the account is categorically untrue.

The money is where it has always been and the monthly statements confirm this.

Alexander,

let me show you and the world, this video clip, what your July 2013 statement shows, followed by my email query, and the bounced mail message I got. Click the link and watch for yourself, Alexander.

AlpariUKJul2013Statement_zpsdc1e627f.mp4 Video by charis0071 | Photobucket

You tell me where is my balance shown in the statement? Who is lying?

Had I not been alert to spot this and highlight it here, with the clause your company places under the Statement in small print, you guys would have claimed that since what shows in my Jul 2013 Statement has not been refuted within 24 hours, it is already confirmed to be correct by me. Giving only 24 hours to confirm the correctness and placing that clause in small print at the end of the Statement says a lot of Alpari UK's integrity.

This is the clause in small print: 'Please report to us within 24 hours if this statement is incorrect. Otherwise this statements will be considered to be confirmed by you.'

I urge traders having accounts with Alpari UK to be extra alert on this clause, and you have only 24 hours to refute. Knowing Alpari UK, they will always insist that they are right, and their words are like the King's edict. So, be extra alert. Good to go over all your past Statements, and if you have not been trading for sometime, do check if any balance get reduced or disappeared into thin air too.

Charis

Last edited:
Rather than getting into a fight with Paul, ask him for a clear and concise explanation of what became of the remaining money in the account.

My first (which bounced) and my second emails did clearly ask them in plain English, the second is as shown below:

++++++++++
what has happened to my balance in my account? I have not traded for a year, and all my balance suddenly disappeared into thin air as shown in my July 2013 statement!!! Every month up to June 2013 my balance was still intact, but the July statement shows zero balance!
++++++++++

But Paul responded by asking me this question: Can you explain precisely which area of the attached statement is causing you confusion ?

Instead of attending to my complaint and check the Jul 2013 Statement they sent me before responding intelligently and truthfully, Paul posed me such a silly question. Shake my head...

Now Alexander said I wasn't truthful about the missing balance. I have attached a video clip to show the July 2013 Statement.

Last edited:
Write another email. Send it to every address you can find for Alpari-UK.

Attach a copy of that monthly statement and the statement from the prior month that shows your balance. Ask specifically, "What became of my balance? I had $XXX and the new statement shows $0.00 in my account."

Can't they just call him and explain him where his money is?
The Alpari dude said "The money is where it has always been" and the client still insists: where?

Now we are getting somewhere.

We can confirm that the balance on the copy statement in the video is exactly correct. The balance is Zero, and has been zero for many months.

However, the OP has more than one account, and the account which was specifically queried, and to which a response was sent, is not the account number of the statement in the video.

In our initial reply we provided a copy of the statement requested, that CLEARLY shows the unchanged balance. It's disappointing that the customer evidently did not read it before making demonstrably unjustified claims.

Checking facts before going on the offensive often saves embarrassment further down the line.

Alex

________
Alexander Chadwick
Alpari (UK) Representative

We can confirm that the balance on the copy statement in the video is exactly correct. The balance is Zero, and has been zero for many months.

However, the OP has more than one account, and the account which was specifically queried, and to which a response was sent, is not the account number of the statement in the video.

In our initial reply we provided a copy of the statement requested, that CLEARLY shows the unchanged balance. It's disappointing that the customer evidently did not read it before making demonstrably unjustified claims.

Checking facts before going on the offensive often saves embarrassment further down the line.

Alex

________
Alexander Chadwick

Lets wait for more evidence and reply from the victim....

Alex

________
Alexander Chadwick

Alexander,

are you sure you have checked the email that your company has actually sent me???

Every month I'd receive the 2 statements in one email in a row, and as I scrolled down I'd see the balance shown at the end of the email which I understand now belongs to the 2nd statement.

However, when I received your Jul 2013 Statement, as I scrolled down, I see all zeros. My balance was no longer shown. If you have seen my video clip,
as it scrolled down, it shows only all zeros up to the end. So, at least you should have the sense also to notice this and query what has happened to the second statement
where my balance is supposed to show, and check and revert on this too!

So even if what I saw is the first Statement which is correctly zero, where then is the second Statement you said still has my balance intact?

Today is already 4th July 2013, more than 24 hours, and I'm yet to see the July Statement for the second account, in this case. This clearly goes to show that you guys are not interested in
looking into customer's queries seriously and attentively, but would jump the gun and insist that you are always right.

So, let me ask you in plain English again. Where is my balance shown, as the email I received for the July Statement ends at where you see in the video clip.
Don't forget you have the 24 hour clause to pin your customers.

By the way, I'll take this opportunity to ask you also what has happened to my missing order that simply disappeared from the system record a year ago which you guys are yet to answer.

So in other words you say you can't see any balance in any other account you have there?
Can't you ask the Alpari guy so give you that account number by email? it can be a big misunderstanding.

So in other words you say you can't see any balance in any other account you have there?
Can't you ask the Alpari guy so give you that account number by email? it can be a big misunderstanding.

Yes. The email I received every month always have the 2 accounts together in one email and I have to scroll to look at my balance. So, I'd usually scroll to find the balance, without bothering from which account, as long as I get to see the balance.

However, the Statement I received in July 2013 I didn't know it was only showing one account. As I scrolled down as usual, what I saw is all zero up to the end of the email. So, I couldn't see my balance anymore. And I saw the 24 hour clause in small print at the end. That made me boiled, and I emailed them, but the mail bounced saying that "Alpari (dcon@alpari.co.uk)
The email address that you entered couldn't be found. Check the address and try resending the message. If the problem continues, please contact your helpdesk."

I then posted the issue here, and was advised to send another email to another Alpari department. I followed with the email to their Customer Service, and Paul Chenery responded by asking me : "Can you explain precisely which area of the attached statement is causing you confusion ?"

I followed up with a video clip posting here showing the Statement I received by scrolling from top to bottom till the end of the Statement in the email that shows only zeros.

Then Alexander accused me of being untruthful.

So, if one is serious and systematic in investigating a complaint, they should have gone back to the source, that is the original email they sent me. Moreover, they surely have seen my video clip showing me scrolling from top to bottom, and only zeros are seen. That should have also prompted them to check again before responding to me.

But as usual, in a very high-handed manner, they'll make their standard statements that they have investigated, and blah blah blah.... and that they are correct!

They claimed to be a reputable large company manned by trained professionals. However, what I witnessed since I had my first encounter with them over a year ago is that their people handling complaints are like mere robots without the human touch and human common sense, but are people trained to operate like robots, by simply forcing statements down our throats and claiming that they have investigated and that that's the conclusion, like the Emperor's edict, and we must accept.

If Alpari UK is a genuinely good company with high integrity, such people handling complaints with such attitude must be sent for more training or else they need to be booted. But if they are keeping and protecting them like jewels in their company, then that says a lot of what kind of company Alpari UK really is. There's a Chinese idiom: "When the top is not straight, the bottom is crooked."

They'd brag to me that they are a registered Broker and blah blah blah... as if, by default, I must take it that they are an Upright and Honest company. Well, they may be able to bluff some others with this no-brainer claim, not me. Many registered brokers as well as reputed Pharmaceutical companies and Financial Institutions have also been caught for cheating. I go for results of their acts and conduct of business, not looking merely at their registration # at certain bodies which, on the contrary, can be used as a powerful tool to abuse consumer trust to cheat.

Now, with so many explanations given here. I'll see how they respond next. And BTW, they have not sent me another Statement to show my balance, which they claimed in one of the posts that they did. So, that's a plain lie!

Last edited:
Back