Any value in watching tick data? New comment

Status
Not open for further replies.

codefx

Recruit
Hi All,

I was watching this GBP/JPY tick chart today while at work: 1forge.com/tick-chart/GBPJPY

I know it's hard with broker's spreads to profit on such a short time frame, but, I noticed some things.
  1. You can get a good idea of buy/sell pressure by paying attention to who is pushing who. For example, if the bid is pushing up again the ask, or visa versa, if the ask is pressing against the bid.
  2. I noticed, before a big move this morning on the AUD/CAD, the ask stayed below the bid for 5+ seconds, then retreated for 5 - 10 seconds, then the pair dropped significantly.
This brings me to my question: Have you guys found any useful/predictive data by watching a bid/ask tick chart?

Tick charts tell many information during the day trading. One of these additional information is the correlation between market volume and price development. Tick charts are transaction based and make new bars only when there have been enough trades.

This ^. All data you see and read, all is relevant.
Each tick represents and actual trade. Not necessarily always a 1 pip movement from trade to trade. You can get software to monitor the trades.

Charts are always helpful to understand the market movement. Mostly it helps short term trader. It gives various information about market and give you a clear scenario. Trader will be able to understand the relation between the price movements with the volume of the market. Ticks charts are full of new bars based on the transactions. The most important thing is it present the actual trade scenario, so, it helps trader to take their necessary trading decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back