• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem Apiary Investment Fund - Too good to be true??

I am having an issue with a company
again i refer to my BDB post.i have been literally shown ONE thing.ONE signal.however it is in my belief a VERY good signal for short term binary trading.how i approach that signal,how i choose to trade it,what i would consider acceptable risk for these particular trades,that is on me to work out for myself.until i know from weeks if not months of trading this particular signal i am happy with the knowledge that i am opening each trade with a TOTAL(im trading 2 markets concurrently) potential liability of around 2.7%,and thats without the countertrades i will be looking to apply to BOTH trades,which will reduce the liability to almost minuscule proportions,whilst ensuring(hopefully) a decent strikerate to make a good profit on each successful trade.
so right now im applying myself to ONLY trade on these particular signals(which often occur at 4-5.30 am our time-im setting my alarm clock) and probably only occur once or twice daily if that.so its not high volume trading,but has the potential of a very nice strikerate.if i can show the people at BDB that i have both the PATIENCE and DISCIPLINE to apply myself in this manner over the coming weeks and manage to show a decent profit,then hopefully they will choose to share more ideas and techniques with me.
and i think this is what nate and the others at apiary are attempting to do with their potential traders.and thumbs up for that particular vetting process.

again i refer to my BDB post.i have been literally shown ONE thing.ONE signal.however it is in my belief a VERY good signal for short term binary trading.how i approach that signal,how i choose to trade it,what i would consider acceptable risk for these particular trades,that is on me to work out for myself.until i know from weeks if not months of trading this particular signal i am happy with the knowledge that i am opening each trade with a TOTAL(im trading 2 markets concurrently) potential liability of around 2.7%,and thats without the countertrades i will be looking to apply to BOTH trades,which will reduce the liability to almost minuscule proportions,whilst ensuring(hopefully) a decent strikerate to make a good profit on each successful trade.
so right now im applying myself to ONLY trade on these particular signals(which often occur at 4-5.30 am our time-im setting my alarm clock) and probably only occur once or twice daily if that.so its not high volume trading,but has the potential of a very nice strikerate.if i can show the people at BDB that i have both the PATIENCE and DISCIPLINE to apply myself in this manner over the coming weeks and manage to show a decent profit,then hopefully they will choose to share more ideas and techniques with me.
and i think this is what nate and the others at apiary are attempting to do with their potential traders.and thumbs up for that particular vetting process.

I don't think Apiary is into binary. Totally different concept. But let's not get ahead of ourselves, let's wait for their answer.

no i dont think they are either.i was just trying to explain a point using my personal example....

1wildhorse,

First off I want to thank you for your honest pursuit of the truth. I appreciate your posts. At the time being we have waved the 997 enrollment. This will give you access to all recorded material. This will not be full access to our website, but you can still get funded. If you would like to attend the trainings live it will be 497 dollars.

Everyone stays with us because they want to stay. I will be the first to admit that if you DO have a track record you can get a lot more money a lot quicker from other sources. We have had a few traders who have left and raised their own capital. This does not stop us from training our traders. It would be the same for a company to not train you to do your job, for fear that you will go and work for the competition. So our traders are welcome to do that if they wish. It has been our experience that they typically stay with us.

You said in your last post “firstly you are provided with a startup capital AT NO EXPENSE TO YOURSELF.this is crucial for some people who have very limited income and may not be able to go it alone” I am not sure what you mean by this comment, but if you would like to clarify I would love to do my best to answer your question.

Most people who take our course don't have previous experience trading. We accommodate and in our training we rate all trainings as “easy”, “medium”, or “hard”. So there is something for most everyone. But what we teach is pattern recognition. We have 2 proprietary indicators that are the foundation of all that we do. They are called the “price cycle” and “time cycle.” In a nut shell the price cycle will tell you the average movement from pivot high to pivot low. The time cycle will show you the average time from pivot high to pivot low. You an then use those numbers to get a fell for volatility and possible turning points in the market.

We will fund someone after 60 days of the following criteria: 1. more wins than losses 2. average win is greater than average loss 3. never risk more than 2% on any one trade.

I hope this gives some clarification. Happy Trading!

Nathan Allred
801-701-1650 ex 102
nate@apiaryfund.com

You said in your last post “firstly you are provided with a startup capital AT NO EXPENSE TO YOURSELF.this is crucial for some people who have very limited income and may not be able to go it alone” I am not sure what you mean by this comment, but if you would like to clarify I would love to do my best to answer your question.

hi nathan.
thanks for your reply that has reinforced what i already thought.
what i said wasnt a question,more of a statement about why would people choose to stick around.i was saying that some people simply dont have any capital to invest/risk setting themselves up as trainers,and the fact that your company chooses to supply the traders that pass your stringent procedures means that apart from the monthly fee(does that continue once youve been given the trading account to work with by the way?) there is 0 cost whatsoever to the potential trader.

If you can't make money with no money, you can't make money with money. Here is a better option. open a free practice account and trade only the amount that you actually will be trading with your own money. don't mind the 50K paper money. Use all strategies that you can learn and see which one works best for you and concentrate on that. Do this for 6 months before you actually trade with your own money. It's not hard to learn how to trade it's the discipline that is the hardest to master. But once you mastered it money will be attracted to you automatically.

When a job asked you to provide securities in order to start working, then it's not for your benefit. You will give them money and be left in the dark. Also, you'd need a degree in marketing to be a Hedge trader. Even if apiary investment fund does exist, they wouldn't send a random email to a potential employee. More than likely you'd apply with your creditials, have experience, and a good portfolio. Then, hopefully you'd get a long awaited call for an interview and go from there. Not only did I post this for you, but two years later scams still exist.

Uni-electronics,

I am sorry that you have been scammed in the past. I know that there are a lot of them out there. A few points of clarifications about our company. First, we don't trade securities, thus you would not need a licence. We don't solicit money from the public to trade (ie there is no risk deposit), thus you don't need a licence. Everything we do is online so you don't have to come in. We base all funding decisions base off of your track record that you trade on our platform. In order to get funded our guidelines are 1. have more winning trades than losing trades 2. average winning trade is greater than your average losing trade 3. Never risk more than 2% on any one trade.

We do provide extensive education on trading. We teach price action. I hope this clarifies a little for you and wish you the best of luck in your trading.

Nathan Allred
801-701-1650 x102

When a job asked you to provide securities in order to start working, then it's not for your benefit. You will give them money and be left in the dark. Also, you'd need a degree in marketing to be a Hedge trader. Even if apiary investment fund does exist, they wouldn't send a random email to a potential employee. More than likely you'd apply with your creditials, have experience, and a good portfolio. Then, hopefully you'd get a long awaited call for an interview and go from there. Not only did I post this for you, but two years later scams still exist.

I still will say time is the best proof that every company is legit. I'd give it a year and see if they're still around.
vbsmile.png

I see a lot of scam posts all over the internet about any company I look up. The point is that people are charging for the coaching they do everyday. Some training is extensive. I can absolutely tell you the people at apiary are teaching live 5 days a week. They really do all they can to help you learn. I know because Im doing it. I really dont know anything about trading what so ever but I know that Apiary is a perfect place to start. With any company, you will find a few bad people who have something bad to say about it. But Apiary really is legit. I didn't have to invest any of my own money to learn trading. Thats the point. They fund the account for you and you trade with THEIR money. I got in the fund for 97 a month. Its a technology cost for the data feed. Thats it. The best program they have is the business trade program with live classes everything and its only 497. They told me they need money managers more than the money right now and I didn't need an enrollment fee. THey will charge the 1000 dollars for coaching when they need to build the money again. But they are doing really well and I am happy to be a part of it.
Im from Utah and I've personally met Shawn Lucas myself. He is a bishop of a church. He has traveled the world doing lectures, has traded for 20+ years and started his own fund. Apiaryfund. Apiary actually means a collection of beehives. He invited me down there to his office and I saw people walking out in the bee protective suits and everything haha. I was like what the hell is this? But they are a good community of people and theres about 2000 people in the fund now.
I can understand thinking a new company is a scam, but I can tell you without a doubt these guys are legit and there for you. I have a link I can put on here... its the orientation video they send out. I dont know if thats considered spam? But I believe in the company and thats my opinion. Just lucky to meet the guy myself I guess. Google Shawn Lucas Apiary and do your research. I strongly recommend them if you are just starting out.

This guy is a criminaal and shill for Apiary... His name is David Moffit and he is a marketer for Apiary

Notice he used 3rdgear as his user name... His linkedin states he is owner of 3rd Gear marketing in Utah.
https://www.linkedin.com/pub/david-moffitt/91/b63/231

His google plus with Apiary vids posted

https://plus.google.com/107019872013303487973/posts

Posted on youtube

His response in the comments

David Moffitt1 month ago

There is nothing that I have seen or heard of that says there is a hard 9-month trading requirement. You simply have to have more wins then losses and your average win needs to be greater then your average loss. Of course we like to see a track record but there is not a specific set of time. Unless you are referring to moving up levels of money you trade. You have at least a 90 day period between between moving from level 1 to level 2. you have to be profitable for at least 90 days before we will give you more money to trade with. That might be what you are referring to.

His criminal history
Utah Charges Loan Modifier with Felonies

Last edited by a moderator:
Back