• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem Apiary Investment Fund - Too good to be true??

I am having an issue with a company
Hi BigT1,

Really appreciate what you are doing to verify Apiary Fund, it is a very valuable service.

I just went through an Apiary intro seminar last evening. In this particular intro seminar only two packages were mentioned: the $997 and $1297 both with $97 per month for data service. The presentation was professionally done, and the Q&A session towards the end was also well done. However, the up-front costs, the push to buy now, and lack of presenting actual statistics on student success rate all gave good ground to take a closer and better look before getting involved. Therefore I found this particular thread and read the very informative postings plus looked through the FPA forum, which worth its weight in gold.

I do not know enough about the currency market yet to allow me to contribute my own wisdom in the forum, but would like to definitely show my appreciation of your service. Thank you.

Last edited:
What sort of data service do they offer for $97/month?

Data is not at all what they are selling. They have a dedicated MT4 platform interface, that publishes your results back to their analysis system; but, they are really selling access to their trainer telephone and web access support, trading room, blog, statistical tracking software, technical trading and psychological training webinars, corrective therapy, and gaining access to the possibility or the reality of trading a real money account owned by them with no risk to youself.
All that is beyond your initial cost of participation and requires the monthly continuation fee.
Stay tuned, more to come.
AI

Due to holidays and year end business requirements, I've been too busy to make further progress on this.
Nothing I've seen so far suggests any real issues.
Stay tuned.
AI

I would agree with aushail (hence my username)

They APPEAR professional, but are in fact a bunch of idiots running around.
Don't part with your dollars - use them and risk management rules to learn.

Their training is fine, but their customer service, and the "sessions" that they provide DO NOT EXIST. Their "trainers" are tardy, rude, and I am wondering if they even know how to train.

I would like some advise - as I am located internationally, how and who I could approach officially in the States to make a complaint about them, and attempt to get some of my money back!

I'm lucky I negotiated quite a low price, so can be written off on my end, however the principal of the matter is that a "business" such as this should not be allowed to operate.

Thanks guys.

I am sorry that i am seeing this message right now. I wish i had ended up here earlier and let you know that:

STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY! Its a BIG BIG SCAM! There are a lot of other good and cheaper forex training options out there or some even free. They basically take your money, and don't do anything that they say they will do to help you. Once they get your money, they have no interest in helping you.

I hope my experience can help someone else save their hard-earned money and not just throw it in the garbage with these guys. Anyone who needs to contact me to get more details or anything about my experience, i would be more than happy to help you stay away from this BIG Fraud of a company.

I am currently preparing a response to all of the questions that are posted on this thread. If anyone every has any problems they are more than welcome to contact me at any time.

If you feel that we have treated you or anyone else unfairly call me and we can work out a solution.

Nathan Allred
801 701 1650 ex1003
nate@apiaryfund.com

Hello new member apiarysucks,
It's one thing to bring a solid detailed case including details and documents of how you were wronged; it is quite another to join a serious forum and assume such a User ID that advertizes you have an ax to grind and make grandeous subjective claims. Just how are we to analyze whether the problem is you or them from what you have brought?
Try hard to be helpful here, and not develop a reputation as a bomb-thrower, as it appears is your want.
Please contact Nate Allred as indicated here, and report your results to us.
====================================
In addition, buzzsaw,
You have never replied to my earlier requests you document your experience and your trading record. why not?
Nor have you answered why you thought they would train you in your style, not theirs?
====================================
Nate,
It's time you visit the Reviews Folder and list your company as an Educational service or Trading System as you prefer, explain your operation, and give your users access to a Discussion Board to interact and discuss these issues, both good and bad for all to examine outside of the context of a questionable Scam Alert.
Only you or another principal of your firm can do this. Please advise us as to when we may see that.
Also, can you please discuss if you have been contacted by the CFTC, and the nature of their inquiries, if any?
AI

Last edited:
I just went onto their site and checked out the training via a demo account and it looks really comprehensive.

buzzsaw, why do you think you failed at Apiary or why did Apiary fail you? Did you thoroughly go through the training? did you give yourself and the company enough time to make a go of it? if so, how long did you stick at it?

Apiary Investment Fund
G'day everyone - I think I've been scammed - so you can all pat me on the head and kick my butt - I deserve it. I am now in the process of
asking for my money back. I was recruited by David Lone and was rung up by Barbara Evans (associate director). Shawn Lucas is the principal director. I am from New Zealand. Apiary Investment Fund is based in Lindon Utah. There is no record of the Company or the individuals registered with Securities and Exchange Commission and there is no record of either in the EDGAR system (Electronic Data Gathering Analysis and Retrieval System). The following supports my claim which you can find under SEC Note: If you will be acting as a "broker" or "dealer,"you must not engage in securities business until you are properly registered. If you are already engaged in the business and are not yet registered, you should cease all activities until you are properly registered. For further information, please see Part II.D and Part III, below. Watch this space!

Back