Are you looking for excuses?

I was wondering how many of you actually take the blame for a loss and how many blame other factors such as economic reports for your losses?

I have always taken responsibility for any loss I have faced and will face as nobody forced me take a position. It is up to the trader to conduct the proper analysis before taking a position.

What's your guys takes on this?

Only weak people look for excuses. If you are not good at anything, you will try to find excuse. I personally do not give any excuses if I lose. Losing is a part of forex trading. You have to accept it and learn from your mistake. If you didn't learn from your mistakes, you won't be able to a good trader.

I never look for excuses as I consider doing so a waste of time, because if I look for excuses rather than look into what I did wrong I'd just repeat my mystake all over again.

I always thought that making excuses is something what weak people do, who are not capabale of admitting their own mistakes. I, personally, try not to look for excuses, but instead, draw as much conclusions as I can.

Of course almost every person tries to find every kind of explanation if they failed or didn't like something or just don't meet the deadlines or something. Traders do the same.

All people are looking for excuses. Because they do not want to take responsibility for their affairs. But in trading, it is better not to do this because you need to analyse your mistakes, and not just forgive them.

I have learned not to look for excuses. I did as a newbie, but at some point I understood it only hindered my growth as a trader.

It is right way just be honest to yourself and accept what you did in trading. Not see excuses because you can satisfied your self but it will not do any improvement in trading . In spite of this if one try to know reasons of loss accept them and do better with new way he can learn many positive things.

Till when you are not blaming others and try to understand the actual fact you won’t be able to be a successful and professional trader. Most of the trader in the market blame in different situation for losing. But 80% trader lose for their fault. If trader select a trading broker not accordingly their trading style they might lose money but that doesn’t mean the brokers scam. Learning from losing can make a trader really successful.

I appreciate the thinking of taking the responsibilty of any loss in the trading. Everyone has to ask questions to himself after every trade he takes like what has he done which made the trade successful? and Why did he lose the trade? When could he get himself out during the trade with minimum losses? and so on.

Forex trading is a business with lowest probability of success and the success is totally dependent on the wise decisions and best moves. You are responsible for your every decision and you have to blame only yourself if somethng goes wrong. You have to appreciate yourself if you get success. No excuses on this market!

Back