• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

ATC good, FXCM bad, how is that?

Yes I noticed the link was somehow not working, but I don't see an edit button here on FPA.

FPA Forums Team Note: Editing is possible for a short time after posting. Beyond that, it locks. The primary reason for this is a number of brokers had blackmailed clients into hiding all details of complaints. Please note that FXCM was not one of the brokers involved in that activity.

A short google search leads to articles about FXCM misbehavior in the past. http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...million-for-withholding-u-k-customers-profits
So far I have no problems with FXCM and will just keep observing slippage etc.
Thank you for explaing the execution model in detail, something the chat support at FXCM was not able to, but most customers are probably not that stubborn. :D

About the VPS it is just that you can get like 30GB ram in Germany for the same price, but of course you pay the good connection of about 1.5 ms, which is probably worth the money.

A short google search leads to articles about FXCM misbehavior in the past.

It's important to understand that as an industry leader, FXCM is subject to a greater level of scrutiny than smaller, less-regulated forex brokers. We are one of the only retail forex brokers in the world that's regulated on four continents and average $13.4 billion per day* in retail customer trading volume. We welcome this position of responsibility, and our retail clients who place 578,471 trades through us per day* are glad we do.

FXCM takes regulations very seriously and believe it is in our clients' best interests for us to have regulatory oversight and transparency. That's why we have over 80 employees in our compliance department as mentioned by our CEO Drew Niv in a recent earnings call. That's not to excuse previous regulatory actions, but rather to emphasize how we actively work with our regulators to resolve issues and ensure the best trading environment possible for our clients.

For example, the NFA and FCA actions for positive slippage not being passed on prior to 2010 have been mentioned previously on this forum. FXCM reimbursed current and former clients who were affected in full. Furthermore, the changes we made in 2010 mean that FXCM is now one of the only firms in the industry to pass on positive slippage on all order types including market and limit orders.

It's worth noting that to this day, some brokers may still not provide positive slippage to their clients, while others may provide positive slippage on some order types, but don't provide it on other order types. Some brokers may re-quote their clients when the price moves in their clients' favor but fail to re-quote when the price moves against them. There are no re-quotes at FXCM.

Furthermore, FXCM offers true limit orders on all the platforms we offer including MT4. That means our clients cannot receive negative slippage on their limit orders, only positive slippage. By contrast, some brokers treat limit orders on MT4 like market orders when triggered opening up the possibility of negative slippage.

When FXCM was founded in 1999, we were one of the pioneers in what is still a relatively young and quickly evolving industry that is retail forex. The key to our continued growth and popularity with traders is our ability to adapt to and lead change in this market, a great example of which is our No Dealing Desk (NDD) forex execution.

So far I have no problems with FXCM and will just keep observing slippage etc.

I'm glad you're enjoying your trading experience with us. As I'd mentioned previously, slippage with FXCM can be either positive or negative. Are you using limit orders to increase your chances of benefiting from positive slippage? Are you using the Market Range, Range Entry and/or Maximum Deviation order types to minimize your negative slippage?

Thank you for explaing the execution model in detail, something the chat support at FXCM was not able to, but most customers are probably not that stubborn. :D

It's my pleasure! While our website provides details about our trade execution including stats on positive and negative slippage, I'm happy to address any additional questions traders have. :)

* As of the latest publicly available data from July 2016

Back