• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem Banc de Binary Mega Scam

I am having an issue with a company
I would like to offer you 1000 bonus that you could use for further trading to resolve the matter.
omg, they are not serious.

OK i think i already send complaints everywhere i could including FINANCIAL OMBUDSMAN ON CYPRUS (this one took most of work -paper work + 20 euro fee)

Wish me luck, because I have bad feelings about this all.

Thanks for all support

Here's another scam fest targeted at Malaysians ... http://www.24businessnews.com/lp/ro...F3344&utm_source=4848082&utm_content=61837226

And all the "successful" binary traders putting in their 2 cents worth ..............

With the scammers Banc de Binary being the "preferred broker" obviously - http://www.24businessnews.com/lpd/b...G-yg0v9zp9HQgGJ3AAAAAAAOBgyAAAAAAA&t=40246806

I'm pretty sure that the landing page changes for different countries, with the scammers Banc de Binary still being the "preferred broker" everywhere.

Funny thing : when checking the first link : and reading the alleged diary : Day 3, Day 4, Day 5 >>> look at the image enclosed there and see the date and time : same date and same time. Even armatures scammers are better !

omg, they are not serious.

OK i think i already send complaints everywhere i could including FINANCIAL OMBUDSMAN ON CYPRUS (this one took most of work -paper work + 20 euro fee)

Wish me luck, because I have bad feelings about this all.

Thanks for all support

"I am gonna offer you a bonus you cant refuse!" .... this is what they are all about .. a bunch of online mobsters who seems untouchable by the fianance laws so far

Funny thing : when checking the first link : and reading the alleged diary : Day 3, Day 4, Day 5 >>> look at the image enclosed there and see the date and time : same date and same time. Even armatures scammers are better !
you should see the previous links with a "work from home" scam ... using the names of companies such as google, amazon etc for pay per clicks - pictures of the cheques with the same date and amount, original details fuzzed out with the names of the supposed people re-written on the top of the fuzzed out details! Same picture of them buying their "first BMW dream car" on the same street with the same houses all down the side of the picture! Talk about being amateurs ............

"I am gonna offer you a bonus you cant refuse!" .... this is what they are all about .. a bunch of online mobsters who seems untouchable by the fianance laws so far
DO NOT AGREE TO THAT!!!!!! It is worth far less than the paper that Monopoly play money is printed on! In fact it is WORTHLESS!! Tell them to take the "bonus" money back as their salary and feed their family on it - tell them to let their families choke on their food as the other victims' families have done after they have stolen all our hard earned money!

That is how they scam all the victims - then turn around and say you did not read the fine print - when in reality they say we won't touch the bonus - we won't use the bonus to trade - then they keep piling bonus on top of bonus into your account without your knowledge or consent because you have signed that document! Then "out of goodwill" - HAH! Such a joke that is - they will keep giving you a "bonus" instead of returning your hard earned cash in real money!

Ignore them and start the chargeback process if it hasn't already been started.

Here's an interesting article from a payment gateway and merchant service provider in Iceland(!!!) advising their merchants on chargebacks - https://www.dalpay.com/en/support/chargebacks.html

I am not sure how legit they are, or who they are for that matter as I've not looked beyond this webpage or done any further research on them, but what was most interesting was the last paragraph highlighted below to the merchants! I'm not sure what "law" or jurisdiction this refers to, but apparently we can push our banks to file a dispute within a 2 year period! It just depends on how much the bank is willing to assist us, that's all. People, please insist and push your banks even if you are beyond the 120 day period!!!

Can anyone advise if they have been successful with pushing their banks to chargeback after the 120 day period (or whatever time frame provided in your country)? Unfortunately from experience, some of the staff at various banks seem to be incompetent and bordering on negligence despite working in the fraud and disputes department of the banks and do not know what the rules and timelines for chargebacks are.

What is a Chargeback?
As you know, customers or cardholders obtain credit cards from banks, which are referred to as the "issuing bank." A chargeback (also known as a reversal) is a form of customer protection provided by the issuing banks, which allows cardholders to file a complaint regarding fraudulent transactions on their statement. Once the cardholder files a dispute, the issuing bank makes an investigation into the complaint.
Once the transaction is proven to be indeed fraudulent, the bank will refund the original value to the cardholder. From the merchant's point of view, if you do not prove the transaction to be legitimate, the bank will take back the entire value of the transaction from your account, along with an additional fee. This chargeback fee will range from $0 to $100, depending on the merchant bank sponsoring your
account. If the cardholder complaint is proven untrue, no refund is requested from the merchant, though additional processing fees may be charged. For obvious reasons, it is best for your business not to get involved with chargebacks. With situations like these, the merchant stands the risk of losing products or services that have already been sold, the payment, the fees incurred for payment processing, money for chargeback penalty, or even possible commissions for currency conversions. It is thus best to avoid chargebacks at all times. Also, note that merchant accounts receiving too many chargebacks can be labeled by credit card companies as fraudulent, and this can be potentially damaging to the image and the existence of your business. Know also that credit card issuing banks take chargebacks seriously, because they are at the most advantage. They don't only levy fees, but they can also hold merchant remittance up to three months to cover the fraud, or increase their commissions if they choose to label your account "risky."

By law the cardholder has two years to file a dispute. Your sales can be reversible for two years... That means saving documentation for two years... Most banks will have a policy against handling disputes that are more than six months old but if the cardholder pushes it they have two years to file a dispute.

Please also read this description of binary options "brokers" and "trading" at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binary_option. Banc de Binary has special mention here -

A binary option is a financial option in which the payoff is either some fixed monetary amount or nothing at all. While binary options are used in a theoretical framework as the building block for asset pricing and financial derivatives (a binary option maps to the cumulative distribution function of the risk-neutral distribution [1][2]), they have been exploited by fraudulent operations as many binary option outlets (outside regulated markets) have been shown to be scams. The two main types of binary options are the cash-or-nothing binary option and the asset-or-nothing binary option. The cash-or-nothing binary option pays some fixed amount of cash if the option expires in-the-money while the asset-or-nothing pays the value of the underlying security. They are also called all-or-nothing options, digital options (more common in forex/interest rate markets), and fixed return options (FROs) (on the American Stock Exchange).[3]

Though binary options sometimes trade on regulated exchanges, they are generally unregulated, trading on the internet, and prone to fraud.[3] The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) have issued a joint warning to American investors regarding unregulated binary options.[4] and have forced a major operator, Banc de Binary, to cease operations in the US and pay back all customer losses. Many binary option "brokers" have been exposed as questionable operations. With such binary option brokers, there is no real brokerage; the customer is betting against the broker, who is acting as a bucket shop. Manipulation of price data to cause customers to lose is common. Withdrawals are regularly stalled or refused by such operations.[5]

It's unfortunately such a shame that when googling is banc de binary a scam, that the FPA forum and this Wikipedia article does not come up first, instead is the scam affiliate sites which state that Banc de Binary is a "trustworthy" broker and all that BS that come up first in the google search!

Back