• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem Banc de Binary scammed me out of my life savings

I am having an issue with a company
Cysec/ ombudsman do not have any "restitutionary power", they never claimed they had. Cysec can impose fines what they did here. An ombudsman can issue his opinion and make recommendations but it is not a judgment and can not be enforced. And all of this is correct for any similar institution in any other EU country.

Hello Honeybee1,
You are right, which is why our responses into CySec are a necessary piece of work, but in fact are a sideline. Chasing and perhaps chastising regulators is not our main objective, however morally correct that course of action might happen to be. But it is a fact that, if you're in a court, anywhere, and you haven't followed publically available due process - which usually means notifying (at least) the appropriate regulator - then you're on the back foot to begin with and risk the court just saying "go away and use the publically available processes before coming to court".

Best regards,
Skiddaw

Honeybee1 - this is not the time or place to say rubbish

You seem to sound like them, do you work for CySEC or the Cyprus financial ombudsman?

Here in England we have the Trading Standards amongst the many other ombudsmen. THEY DO INSTRUCT the offending party to refund the victims money.
I have used them loads of times with success.

Even in Africa I know of ombudsmen who have put the hammer down and DEMANDED a refund to the victim and the offending party complies.

What these Cyprian authorities did

1. They provided an infrastructure for these rogue brokers to come to Cyprus and fill their boots. They call binary options an "investment" rather than what it is i.e. GAMBLING against the house.

2. They relaxed their laws DELIBERATELY to lure these Israelis to setup a scamming system just so Cyprus could make money slapping them with fines

3. If all Cyprus laws are so relaxed, people will be raping women right and center, paedophiles will have a field day & get off free, people will be shooting each other for fun. But this is not happening on a high scale as compared to Cyprus based binary option scams.

4. They seem to have only licenced Israelis, if not ISIS would have used the platform Cyprus provided in raising cash

5. Cyprus being part of the EU automatically provided a doorway for these rogue brokers to scam a wider audience

6. You don't open up your home to drug dealers, fraudsters, rapist etc if you have no way of policing them.

7. How many times have we seen on the news the police cancelling an event / parade / protest due to lack of security or police staff

8. CySEC and the Cyprus government knew what they were doing from the outset. PLEASE ... open your eyes folks!! Honeybee1 are you reading this?

9. If the Israeli government could make a staggering $1.5 billion a year as fees from these rogue brokers hiding in Israel but raking in their money from Cyprus, imagine what the Cyprus government is set to gain.

10. Folks follow these links (cut and past into your bowser)
http://www.timesofisrael.com/a-knesset-panel-finally-tackles-binary-options-fraud/
http://www.timesofisrael.com/facing...i-activists-take-aim-at-binary-options-fraud/
http://www.forexnewsnow.com/top-sto...ing-fingers-fighting-binary-options-industry/

11. You will now realise due to the Israeli government's removal of protection Banc de binary decided to close down

12. It was NOT CySec who closed Banc de binary down. Bdb handed back their licence due to lack of protection and thousands of impending lawsuits in the pipeline. They stand to lose millions of dollars in the same courts they were previously tried in. SHAME ON YOU CySec for not having the bottle to do what's right.

13. Honeybee1 - wait till you get scammed by rogues like Banc de binary and your whole world would turn upside down. I almost had a heart attack. I was on the floor. For almost 2years now, I have had high blood pressure, sleepless nights, i'm withdrawn not the happy go lucky guy I use to be. The money Bdb scammed me out of was a loan tied to my home. I had to sell the home to give the bank back their money. They came to me in the first place promising heaven and earth.

14. Here in the UK people jump to their deaths by leaping in front of moving trains. It is not pleasant to see. This is what CySec are doing to people.

15. Last December (2016) I suddenly got an email from Banc de binary offering to refund 10% of what they took from me. When I refused and asked for EVERYTHING back they said - and I quote "I should be REALISTIC" in my demands. I have suffered enough and they were using words like that to shake my core even further.

16. There are people on here e.g. Keyshia from Canada who have lost 6times the amount I lost and were locked out of transferring whatever is left back to their bank accounts. That is so cruel. How could CySEC and the ombudsman live with themselves and not act when the fraud is so blatant. It a whole load of BS.

17. When I got scammed, my local MP got in contact with the Cyprus trade and finance minister. This guy refused to help; can you believe that!!! - Who does that?? My local MP gave me the full details. Nobody seems to care back there in Cyprus.

18. I saw with my own eyes on CySec's website Cypriots who had filed lawsuits against CySec - (their own people) CySec has no soul.

19. To all those Israelis who lobbied, protested, harassed their government to stop protecting rogue brokers like Banc de binary. I THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! - You have my deep respect.

Hi,

@Skiddaw, agreed.

@kennykenn: I can not address all points you mention right now. Just three things:

No, I do not work for them. However, I did have professional contacts with them and they just behaved absolutedly professional and also very helpful which is why I have a different view on them than you have.

I will just pick up points 2, 8 right now.

Point 2: The MILDFD regulations are more or less the same in any EU country.

Point 8: I do not think they really knew whom they "invited". What a regulators sees when somebody applies for e.g. a broker licence or incorporates some legal entity is essentially just a number of passports for the directors. This does of course not mean that these "brokers" might have had other contacts to the islands from the past. I do not know this and I do not want to.

Point 19: agreed.

Another observation is that some complaints to them simply failed because the claimants did not follow the procedural rules which are not really that tedious or sophisticated; on the other hand it is understandable the claimants just got totally fooled are utterly confused by all of this, which is a normal reaction and thus do not bother reading leaflets or announcements.

have a nice weekend
HB1

Point 8: I do not think they really knew whom they "invited". What a regulators sees when somebody applies for e.g. a broker licence or incorporates some legal entity is essentially just a number of passports for the directors.

………it’s a matter of thickness of the envelope…..thats all they want to SEE :D:D:D

No kidding, this people need to be dragged in front of the EU court, and it will happen !

Hi keysha,

You mean you were one of their VIP clients and still got badly treated? I'm speechless

How have you found this person called Skiddaw is he/she genuine and a true rep from a reputable law firm?

Regards

Kenn

Another observation is that some complaints to them simply failed because the claimants did not follow the procedural rules which are not really that tedious or sophisticated; on the other hand it is understandable the claimants just got totally fooled are utterly confused by all of this, which is a normal reaction and thus do not bother reading leaflets or announcements

Honeybee1

When you've lost everything - you will be so disoriented you wont know which way is up or down. Its hard trying to follow procedural rules when you have not slept for many nights. In the little time that you happen to catch some sleep, you find yourself suddenly waking up due to heart palpitations.
CySec wasted 6-7months of my time. Almost 8months after I lodged my case with them, they suddenly put on their website redirections to the financial ombudsman. I had to start all over gain with the financial ombudsman.
Almost 2years since I got scammed and I am still fighting to get my money back.

If binary options in Cyprus was PROPERLY regulated by that I mean properly policed - we would not be here sharing our bad experiences.

My bank agreed I was scammed but their hands were tied - Bdb told my bank that I used my own hands to type on my keyboard and place those losing trades that they gave me. Nothing about their promise of being the experts that there is no way I will lose money etc ...

Bdb told my bank that I chose to "GAMBLE" away my money .... can you believe that ... That was the first time the word "Gamble" ever came out of their mouths.

My local MP who is quite high up in the house of commons agreed I was scammed and was horrified by it all. He contacted the Cyprus minster of trade and finance - his office refused to help. Even though his country stood to gain a bad reputation, he didn't give a damn.

For all those who have been scammed by Banc de binary please read this email that just came through to me from Giambrone law

Dear Kenneth,

Please find our engagement letter and terms and conditions of business in the link below. You can sign it for acceptance electronically and follow the instructions to return it to me as soon as possible as we are in the process of finalising the list of clients who will be joined in the Banc De Binary ("BdB") & Option FM Class Action.

As you will see from the attached letter, we have created a system whereby our lawyers will represent BdB / OptionFm clients in 3 jurisdictions as we plan to issue proceedings in England (where the company has a branch), Cyprus (where the company is incorporated and regulated) and Israel (where its owners are based and they carried out the marketing activities).

In order to join the class action on all these fronts, you will simply need to sign and return the attached letter. The signature can be made online to speed up the process; we are not asking any payment upfront for legal costs because the legal fees will be funded by a litigation funding company in London, which, in return, will take a percentage of any recovery as explained at page 2 of the letter.

In the unlikely event that we are not successful or do not recover anything, you will not need to pay any legal fees to our firm. As we are in contact with BdB/Option FM's lawyers, we need to complete the list of clients urgently so I suggest that you pass my contact details if you know other investors who are in the same position and are unable to get their money back from BdB/OptionFM.

If there is anything in the attached that you do not understand or if you have any questions, please let me know and i will be pleased to assist you.

Otherwise, I look forward to hearing from you that our terms of engagement are agreed and to receiving a signed copy by return. I also look forward to welcoming you as a new client to Giambrone.

Click here to e-sign the document.

Kind Regards,
Brendan Dine
brendan.dine@giambronelaw.com

Hi,
@kennykenn: If your complaint to CySEC dates back that far -(early 2015?) - there is a chance that it was one of the cases that caused this, (https://theforexreview.com/2016/01/27/cysec-fines-banc-de-binary-rodele/) and if this should be the case then the regulatory side of it, which is really all CySEC deals with, would already been taken care of. My impression still simply that they returned their licence in late 2016 simply because within the timeframe of one year the number of complaints increased to a level where it simply looks better to return "voluntarily" than to have it revoked.
HB1
PS Just be careful with the data some class action plaintiff firms did have quite an issue there in the past.

Back