• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Best Spread Betting Broker? IG vs Intertrade vs ...

thetruth123

Recruit
Hey guys,

I'm looking for the most reliable spread betting broker for forex trades. I want to take advantage of the tax free trades in UK for spread betting but when searching for reviews all I find is horrible stories for IG, and IG are even regulated.. so I wonder how they can get away with what the reviewers say they do. Is it just disgruntled poor traders who are annoyed they lost all their money?

Does anyone know any good reliable spread betting brokers that you have personally used and had no problems with?

Thanks!

Make CERTAIN that the broker is fully licensed by the FCA. MANY brokers are licensed in other countries (like Cyprus) and are "passported" to the FCA. In those cases, neither the FCA or FOS will be able to assist you. You might also find that the non-UK broker doesn't meet the full "spread betting" definition and end up owing taxes.

Back