Calculating the max loss

sim-on

Recruit
Today I deposited $270 to a broker and thanks to some signals (I'd give the link, but I read that it's forbidden in this part of the forum - if not, I'd like to get opinions about the site), I made it 340, lost some, earned some.

So, the same luck was not with me when I decided to use another signal in another site I was following.

Because this is going to be the only way I trade, I wondered how I could calculate my maximum loss. The signals I used had an entry point, a stop loss and a take profit point.

Okay, here is an example: X/Y = 100. I bought some (Metatrader shows 0.10), and I have a stop loss at 80.

This looks easy to calculate, but I use USD as my account currency, and X and Y are not USD. Actually, let's put the numbers and pair here: GBP/CHF. I bought at 1.43668 and my stop loss is at 1.42000. (I bought 0.10 lot).

How do I do this?

If Y=USD, calculations are easy for a USD account.

A full pip (the last digit on 5 digit quotes is 1/10 of a pip) on a full lot (100,000 units of currency) is $10. Note that a trade of 1.0 may be a full lot or a mini lot depending on how your broker has things set up. Make CERTAIN you check on this before placing a trade.

For other currency combinations, things are a little more complex. Forex Military School has lessons on this here:

https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/fore...-chapter-5-part-iii-fractions-quote-rate.html

If Y=USD, calculations are easy for a USD account.

A full pip (the last digit on 5 digit quotes is 1/10 of a pip) on a full lot (100,000 units of currency) is $10. Note that a trade of 1.0 may be a full lot or a mini lot depending on how your broker has things set up. Make CERTAIN you check on this before placing a trade.

For other currency combinations, things are a little more complex. Forex Military School has lessons on this here:

https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/fore...-chapter-5-part-iii-fractions-quote-rate.html

thanks for information

Back