1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chapter 1, Part V. And what is beyond spot FOREX? - Q&A

Discussion in 'Complete Trading Education- Forex Military School' started by Xenofanes, Jun 15, 2012.

1. Xenofanes

Xenofanes Private

Sir Commander in Pips,
    could you devote more space to futures and its meaning for us pipruits who try to survive on spot fx currency market :rolleyes:

I tried to understand relationship between futures and spot fx.

thanks
    kind regards
    pipruit Xenofanes Skarak

Nachoga likes this.
  2. Sive Morten

Sive Morten Special Consultant to the FPA

Hi Xenofanes,
    actually you can get relation formula on website of exchange, here we even post the simple example of it - in chapter dedicated to carry trade.
    Unfortunately I've done with Military School, so we do not plan any updates, beside, Futures market stands beyond the FPA major object - spot Forex. Futures is rather large topic.

Nachoga likes this.
  3. ibreezy

ibreezy Recruit

I was wondering, do any of the activities of Futures, Swaps, Options and/or ETF effect the movement of the Spot market? Or are they generally unrelated?

Nachoga likes this.
  4. Sive Morten

Hi Ibreezy,
    hardly they could be unrelated, since they are the same asset in fact. Generally futures quote could be calculated based on spot quote. It just includes rate difference till the futures expiration date. Hence, market makers place futures quotes, mostly based on spot forex, but their quotes are real interbank ones rather that of some retail broker.

TradeHermes and Nachoga like this.
  5. FringFX

FringFX Sergeant

Do you trade futures yourself?

Could you recommend a few futures brokers or platforms? Thanks! !

6. Sive Morten

Hi Fring,
    I mostly have traded currency futures, than spot forex by reasons that we've announced. I'm not sure that I have right to recommend any broker here. But you need find one, that have pure brokerage busines. It means that it has no other gain except brokerage fee - no speculations, no asset management and so on. Thus, it's better to not deal with any bank. Broker should be relatively large and a member of such entities as NFA...

7. vitorxpaliaga

vitorxpaliaga Recruit

I want to congratulate you for this course. I just started chapter one today - and - I would like to say that your methods to teach us about the FX are so clear, that makes everything complicated about the market to become easy to understand.

jokondo and Nachoga like this.
  8. Hamza Samiullah

Hamza Samiullah Corporal

Nice work...

9. Ford_A

Ford_A Private

It looks like I'm a typical Pipruit

10. deolanre

deolanre Recruit

This absolutely is a way to teach. Getting value for the time spent reading this first chapter. I do trust that more insight shall be gotten as time progresses.

Thanks alot