1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chapter 10, Part VI. Combination of Fibonacci levels with candle patterns. Page 2

Discussion in 'Complete Trading Education- Forex Military School' started by Sive Morten, Dec 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sive Morten

Sive Morten Special Consultant to the FPA

Commander in Pips: Excellent analysis – couldn’t do better by myself. So, let’s go further:

Chart #3
    [​IMG]

Pipruit: And here, Commander, I think we finally get what we want – a Shooting Star pattern, that confirms resistance of 0.5 Fib level. Also it acts as a Wash & Rinse of previous highs and 0.5 level itself. You’ve warned me about this possible scenario, and as I already know – W&R itself is a pattern. So, I think I enter short here with stop loss above the high of Shooting Star – according to rule of trading candlestick patterns.​

Commander in Pips: Well, at least your explanation is very logical and you have a reason to enter Short. Here is what has happened then:

Chart #4
    [​IMG]

Pipruit: Wow, Commander – I see that our Shooting star later has become a second candle of an “Evening star”. A bit later I see the appearance of a Bearish Engulfing pattern that confirms resistance. My pattern has been triggered and my stop is still untouched.​

Commander in Pips: Yes, all things look nice yet. Your position is in profit. And here is a final chart:

Chart #5
    [​IMG]

Pipruit: Cool! Finally, I’ve made a profit, although on paper. Still, Commander, this is just a hindsight view? I suppose that it will be much difficult to do in real time…​

Commander in Pips: You’re absolutely right about that. But I moved the chart gradually, so it was almost the same as real life. Besides, our purpose here is to teach you – what to watch for and how perceive very shallow nuances that could give you extremely important prompts, that other traders do not see or do not pay attention to.

Pipruit: I understand. Commander and where is a better way to close the trade?​

Commander in Pips: It doesn’t matter here, but there are a lot of levels, where you can do that by applying your current knowledge – the first area is the 0.382 level where the market has formed bullish engulfing near the end of 2009, then a bit later you can see a Hammer-Doji in January 2010 and then in April 2010 a lot of bullish patterns side by side – Hammer and two Inverted Hammers.

#1 Sive Morten, Dec 16, 2013
    Lasted edited by : Mar 6, 2016
    Hamza Samiullah and fran alvarez like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.