1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chapter 10, Part VI. Combination of Fibonacci levels with candle patterns.

Discussion in 'Complete Trading Education- Forex Military School' started by Administrator, Jun 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Administrator

Administrator Just Administrator :-)

Part VI. Combination of Fibonacci levels with candle patterns. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Commander in Pips: Another tool that could give you a prompt about whether some Fibonacci level will hold or not is candlestick patterns. There is not much to say, just let’s see, how it looks like.

Commander in Pips:Here is the GBP/USD weekly chart and the 2008 collapse. Let’s assume that after such strong move down you intend to enter short, but don’t know yet, from which level to do that:

Chart #1 GBP/USD Weekly | 2008 Collapse
    [​IMG]

Pipruit: Well, after such strong move down, I think I prefer to enter from 0.382 level. But here I do not see any confirmations from any trend line or resistance lines that we’ve discussed in previous part. So, my confidence with 0.382 level is not so strong.

Commander in Pips: Right. So, let’s see what has happened, if you’ve entered short from 0.382 level. Share your thoughts about the candles that you see around 0.382 level:

Chart #2
    [​IMG]

Pipruit: Ok. First, I see strong white candle that is almost Marubozu - it has very small shadows. This candle assumes continuation of the move up and this fact forces me to wait and not to enter right from 0.382 resistance. Then I see, that this has happened – the market has passed through this level with a small white candle. Then I see the appearance of a Shooting Star pattern, but now I do not have necessary context for entering from Fibonacci levels, because this pattern has appeareded somewhere between the 0.382 and the 0.5 area. We need a resistance that has been confirmed by a candlestick pattern. So, I think that I will stay flat.​

#1 Administrator, Jun 21, 2011
    Lasted edited by : Mar 6, 2016
    Hamza Samiullah and fran alvarez like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.