1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chapter 10, Part VIII. Advanced view on Fibonacci Extensions. - Q&A

Discussion in 'Complete Trading Education- Forex Military School' started by Administrator, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Administrator

Administrator Just Administrator :-)

Please use this thread for questions, answers, and comments on this lesson.

2. georgeta

georgeta Sergeant

Agreement

Hello Mr. Morten!
    Very tradable information in this chapter. Although, I find it difficult to apply on pairs that go just one direction, like USDCHF for example. So, here is the question:
    Fib expansions work the same way as the retracements? And do they form Agreement areas with Fib expansions targets? To see what I mean I attach a chart. Is it the blue area an Agreement?
    Thank you!

Attached Files:

3. Sive Morten

Sive Morten Special Consultant to the FPA

Hi Georgeta,
    well, I use it in such way - probably you've seen it in video, although DiNapoli has not told about this.
    Any combination of different levels makes area stronger. Even on your chart you can see 1.618 and 0.618 area has led to some retracement, although it was shallow.

Second decision - you may use extensions of higher time frames, if some asset moves just in one direction.

4. Robert Andrighetti

where to learn dinapoli

Hi Sive,

Thanks for all the info that you provide I think its great stuff.

I am very much interested in leaning more about how to use the Dinapoli indicators, also I have been looking for where to find them but I have not had any luck. If you can point me into a direction on learning his indicators and where to get them or how to get them I would appreciate it.

Thanks again!
    Rob

5. Sive Morten

Hi Rob,
    well, as usual - you may start with buying his book "Trading with DiNapoli levels". As I know, if you buy it with FPA assitance, you'll get a discount. How it precisely works - I do not know, it's better to ask admins.

6. Varvara

Varvara Private

Good day Sive

Just wonder which software platform is used in your analysis?
    I cant find the fib arches of 0,618 and o.382 in my mt4 that you use in your charts.

7. Sive Morten

Hi Varvara,
    This is CQG, but it is rather expensive (in a row with Reuters, Bloomberg). This software has authorized DiNapoli trading pack.
    There are other platforms exist, but they are, probably, not free also. Trade Navigator, Dealing 360, CIS Trading Package to name some.
    You know, not so long time ago we've discussed on Forum some software with Damian (you may find him in my part of forum). He has found some software, that is not so expensive and has DiNapoli pack. Ask him, or use search option to find his posts about it.

8. robinlbird

robinlbird Recruit

So in the last chart I am left hanging without understanding, where exactly were we supposed to start drawing the fib levels. If I looked at the chart I would have drawn exactly as shown but you stated we had set up for failure the way it was drawn?

9. Sive Morten

Yes, the reason is that you should not take A point blindly - it is not always absolute high or low of the swing. The correct A point is a real start of the swing.
    There is no precise rules how to choose it - this will come with experience. Just pay attention to this subject.

10. mrVynes

mrVynes Private

Hi, I've gone back and forth between this Part VIII and VII because everytime I read the first sentence here I get confused.
    If we look at chart#2, I do not understand how CD can be the expansion move. Isn't expansion in same direction as initial thrust?

Thanks