1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chapter 12, Part I. Bollinger Bands. Page 8

Discussion in 'Complete Trading Education- Forex Military School' started by Sive Morten, Dec 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sive Morten

Sive Morten Special Consultant to the FPA

5. You may apply different variations of the tools that I’ve pointed out. For instance – I said “if the market shows close outside of some band”. You instead could apply not one but 2 or 3 closes. The akin variations are allowed in other strategies with BB. Be free to experiment with the parameters you use, confirmation signals and other things! Your task is to find out how to make more pips on the market. And there is nothing forbidden with any indicator. If something is dangerous– I’ll definitely warn you.

Look, how these points could be used:

Chart #6 | EUR/USD Daily, 20-period/2.5-deviations Bollinger Bands and Fibonacci tools
    [​IMG]

At the first touch of 0.382 support market was oversold at the same time – so price was really stretched here, and it was very hard to it continue move down – the market has got some relief and pulled back. During the second touch – the market has pierced the 0.382 level, but only due the target from AB-CD pattern that was slightly lower – precisely of the daily oversold again due to the lower BB Band – and the market just jumped up as an arrow from a bow.

Here also we can see as example – what happens, when price just creeps with bands. Look at previous move up on chart #6 – see, price drift right with the upper band and doesn’t pull back into the middle. It tells is that further upwards move should continue, and the market is really strong. That we can see on this chart…

Pipruit: The last chart is outstanding. So many tools were applied there, and so consistently. Amazing…

Now I become better understand, what do you mean when tell to use different tools in combination.​
    Commander in Pips: I’m glad that you are satisfied with that – but later I will tell you about another indicator that is more suitable for overbought/oversold estimation, to my mind. So, let’s shift to the next indicator.

P.S. This lesson was written by Sive Morten, who has been working for a large European Bank since April of 2000, and is currently a supervisor of the bank's risk assessment department. Sive's knowledge of forex market and banking industry is vast and quite complete. If you have any specific questions about forex, banking industry, or any other financial instruments, please post them on the next page and Sive should answer soon.

Note: FPA ranks are earned in the battles against scam, not in the classroom.

Hamza Samiullah and fran alvarez like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.