13. Webinar Tuition and The Video Course

As with any other project or any other business things change and things develop over time. I was finding that with one-on-one private tuition, it was working extremely well. I was flying to see people, I was teaching them in their home or in their office and they are really pleased with the results. The downside for myself was that there was a lot of travelling and when I was travelling it meant that I was limited with my own personal trading which for me started to become a distraction. I was really conscious of the fact that I didn’t want to be known as a teacher who cannot trade. In many businesses let’s say golf for example you get so many people who are just fantastic coaches, brilliant teachers but they can’t play golf, certainly not as well as the people they’re teaching and that’s fine in that business but in the Forex Trading business there are so many people out there who really cannot trade. 

I was conscious of not taking away too much from my own personal trading at the expense of flying or driving to teach people how to trade for themselves. So there was a real balance that I had to find between trading on my personal account which created my trading income and The Forex Trading Coach business and so juggling the two was a priority for me. But coaching wise people are finding that the actual tuition was a really good and with me being there in front of them, to be able to help them along and show them what to do was hugely beneficial.

Looking back at this, I suppose to slight negative was that the whole course was accomplished in one day and there’s a lot of information to get through depending on how advanced the person was with their Forex background and knowledge. For some people it meant a massive amount of information to take in on one day and so really with natural progression that led on to the next stage of delivering the course which, was for me to deliver the course via webinars. Now of course when I opened up the option to webinars it meant for me less travelling and for the client it meant less expense because they weren’t in effect paying for me to travel to teach them. It also meant that we could arrange for the webinar sessions to be held at times that suited the both of us, which of course has many advantages. 

So what I ended up doing is this. Let’s say for example that a webinar or a tuition session to understand the course would last privately around eight hours in total. By having the sessions on the webinars it meant that generally we were covering around four hours per day and the webinar training would last two days. 

Now for some people that meant back to back, two days in a row. For some people it meant a few days; for some it mean even a week in between. The great thing about the webinars is it meant that we could connect up with two reasonably good Internet connections and the client was being taught in the comfort of their own home or office. I was teaching from my office at home and the training sessions were at times that suited us both. It took away the extra time factor and the tiredness factor for myself associated with travel and of course without that expense the actual webinar tuition was a far cheaper options for the client. It was kind of in person, I wasn’t physically there but it was one on one private webinar tuition. 

The other real advantage for the client was it meant I could record the session and then send them the recording and so even out there was up to 8 hours of video recording, it meant the client could skip through parts of the recording if necessary and go through to the section that they may be needed to refresh. From my point of view it meant also that if the client had some technical issues I could through the webinar software that I use take control of their computer and their mouse and I could go in and install software or draw things on their screen if needed to enhance their learning and to shortcut the whole process. Most of the time however, it was the client watching my charts. 

Another benefit of webinar tuition is it meant we could take trades live in real time in the sessions. So for instance if they the client was into their second session, hours 5-8, it meant that by then they had a reasonably good understanding of what we were looking for in terms of trade setups and the whole strategy. So it meant that I could go through and say, “Look we’re just going to take a break from learning right now in terms of the theory. I’m going to go and check out some charts right now and see what’s happening on the charts” Most times we would go through and I will go and “Hey look we are on the one hour charts on the EUR/USD, look it’s a really good opportunity to take a position here”. I would be taking trades in front of the clients and it was a thrill for the both of us because I was teaching them and at the same time being able to take a trade. Now of course hopefully that trade worked out but from the client’s point of view it added confidence, in that not only I am teaching them the logic and the theory behind the strategy, I’m actually taking a trade right now in front of the client and we were watching the trade progress so it becomes a really good bonus in terms of the benefits of being taught live one on one but on a webinar.

Although I did like to take trades live in front of clients with the one-on-one in person sessions, it meant that when teaching by webinar I could be watching the charts on a separate screen looking for setups while I’m teaching people. Of course when teaching via webinar, it means that it’s just me and the client online together and because we were talking to each other and were not in the same room in person, it means that a lot more talking and communication needs to take place. 

For the client it meant that they could be asking me a lot more questions and I was finding that the webinar tuition was actually a really, really good way of teaching people. 
I suppose like everything, things do progress and if there was a negative it did mean that on the odd time from my own point of view, I was finding that after I’d just spent 4 hours teaching someone, to then go and start looking at charts and take my own trades was sometimes a struggle as my eyes and mind were tired from the concentration involved with the teaching. So in a similar way to the travelling issue earlier, I was cautious and conscious of not allowing the teaching to take over too much and as a consequence my own trading would suffer.

The great thing about organising the webinars is we could actually organise them around main trading sessions so it did mean that we could take trades live as well but also just at the back of my mind I needed to ensure that I wasn’t becoming a teacher and not a trader but from the client’s point of view the webinar tuition was something that worked out really well.

The next natural step in the progression was for me to take the course and actually create it as an instant downloadable product and that’s really the way that everything online was going at that time and still is today. People want everything now. If I was organising one on one tuition, whether it be live in person or on webinar, there was always a time delay as someone would say “Yes I want you to teach me but we may have the schedule in a week or two from now.” 

I realised that people want things right now which is absolutely fine and understandable and I the same myself. You pay for a product so you want the product now. That led to me a progressing further in terms of putting the whole course into an online video course. I spent a lot of time running through the course itself and taking a short, easy to understand videos of the course and the strategy. I went through the whole process step by step from what an absolute beginner needed to know and instead of teaching someone I was recording my computer screen. I found that by splitting the whole strategy up into very detailed sections, starting with money management and then onto the MT4 platform and installing software. Now some people would know these early steps already and that’s fine but by inserting the video course into sections it meant that people could watch through some sections, maybe skip through other sections if they know that particular subject well and then go and review other parts that they may struggle with.

So I broke the whole strategy down into step by step in terms of looking at candle patterns, showing various examples: bullish patterns, bearish patterns, screenshots, taking clips from live charts, looking at trades were previously taken on my account - some that made profit and showing some that lost. 

With the trades that worked out well, I’d explain why they worked. With the trades that did not work out, I’d explain why they lost. Was there something in the way of the trade that I should have seen? Hindsight is a great thing but I needed to install into my clients the ability to be able to read the charts from the right hand side of the chart because don’t forget the way to make money is from what’s happening right now live on your charts from the right hand side. Yes, all of the information and the price action that’s happened in the past is beneficial as it enables you to use that information but you can’t really make money from what’s already happened. 

I was really conscious of making sure that the videos and the examples that I was creating were able to be used by clients to help them with their real time trading. When I edited the videos, I made sure there was a lot of zooming in, a lot of arrows, and a lot of really detailed explanations and I made the videos short, concise and easy to understand. 

I then developed the course and the membership site as it is today with the course broken up into many sections. Each section contained some course notes, some screenshots and then some videos relating to that specific subject and the videos would last for about two minutes to ten minutes long so they were very easy for people to understand and as I’ve mentioned. The great thing is that you can go through a video and if there’s part that you don’t understand you can go back and rewind and re-watch the video again. Occasionally some people will get stuck with a particular area of the course so they can ask me for help but overall I find that due to the well explained nature of the video course, most people will understand all sections of the course after watching it a couple of times.

From the client’s point of view they have constant access, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Clients can log in to the membership site and watch whatever part of the course it is they wish to refresh or to continue learning. Having all aspects of the course online makes it a far better way of learning from both sides of the fence. From the client’s point of view they can log in at any time and learn at their leisure. From my point of view it means that there is less tuition upfront but it means that I’m then available to be really quick with answering questions, I have time to hold live webinars or record new videos. I’m always adding more information, some screenshots of trades that I’ve taken, some live videos of trades that I’m taking and so the whole package together has now resulted in the most success for my clients. 

So I broke the whole strategy down into step by step in terms of looking at candle patterns, showing various examples: bullish patterns, bearish patterns, screenshots, taking clips from live charts, looking at trades were previously taken on my account - some that made profit and showing some that lost. 

With the trades that worked out well, I’d explain why they worked. With the trades that did not work out, I’d explain why they lost. Was there something in the way of the trade that I should have seen? Hindsight is a great thing but I needed to install into my clients the ability to be able to read the charts from the right hand side of the chart because don’t forget the way to make money is from what’s happening right now live on your charts from the right hand side. Yes, all of the information and the price action that’s happened in the past is beneficial as it enables you to use that information but you can’t really make money from what’s already happened. 

I was really conscious of making sure that the videos and the examples that I was creating were able to be used by clients to help them with their real time trading. When I edited the videos, I made sure there was a lot of zooming in, a lot of arrows, and a lot of really detailed explanations and I made the videos short, concise and easy to understand. 

I then developed the course and the membership site as it is today with the course broken up into many sections. Each section contained some course notes, some screenshots and then some videos relating to that specific subject and the videos would last for about two minutes to ten minutes long so they were very easy for people to understand and as I’ve mentioned. The great thing is that you can go through a video and if there’s part that you don’t understand you can go back and rewind and re-watch the video again. Occasionally some people will get stuck with a particular area of the course so they can ask me for help but overall I find that due to the well explained nature of the video course, most people will understand all sections of the course after watching it a couple of times.

From the client’s point of view they have constant access, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Clients can log in to the membership site and watch whatever part of the course it is they wish to refresh or to continue learning. Having all aspects of the course online makes it a far better way of learning from both sides of the fence. From the client’s point of view they can log in at any time and learn at their leisure. From my point of view it means that there is less tuition upfront but it means that I’m then available to be really quick with answering questions, I have time to hold live webinars or record new videos. I’m always adding more information, some screenshots of trades that I’ve taken, some live videos of trades that I’m taking and so the whole package together has now resulted in the most success for my clients. 

There are also other ways that I help clients to learn in terms of live trading room webinars. These are held every two weeks for my clients to attend where I trade on my live account in front of them and we’re looking at taking trades mostly on the shorter timeframe charts because we are on the webinar live for two hours in the European session. During those webinar I tend to be looking at trades on the four hour charts, the one hour charts, the fifteen minute charts, sometimes even down to the five minute charts and it has been known that I’ve taken trades even on the one minute charts on the webinar. Now I don’t tend to trade those shorter time frame charts usually myself because they doesn’t suit me or my personality but when I’m on a webinar I am looking for live trades then I do trade those shorter timeframes because I have so many clients who do love trading those five minute charts and fifteen minute charts and so I cater for everybody and all styles.
That’s also one of the benefits of price action trading and the strategy that I teach and use. The strategy will work across any timeframe chart and across any currency pair. 

There is a lot of information given out on those webinars, there are a lot of questions and answers covered in between taking the trades and on top of that clients also have access to a really comprehensive helpdesk that I provide for them. Every question that I ever get asked goes directly to that helpdesk as a reference for people and of course the fantastic MT4 trading software that I provide my clients as well. That’s not so much of a “buy here, sell there” indicator but it’s designed to alert you to certain candle patterns and it’s designed to alert your eye to a certain horizontal levels on the charts such as round numbers, support and resistance levels, pivot points and divergence – basically all the things that I’m looking for to determine a good trade setup and it’s all there on the software for clients to see and to use. 

The software helps by alerting you to a certain potential candle patterns and you then use your human input, your common sense and everything that’s taught within the course to say “Yes, there’s a trade here” or “No, there is not”. 

So you can see how the course has developed and how there are constant changes to ensure that this course gives the clients the best possible chance of becoming a profitable Forex trader using the timeframe charts and the time of day that suits them the best.

"To become a Profitable Forex Trader doesn’t require you to sit in front of your computer all day and night. You can have a life and still trade well."

Andrew Mitchem

🎓 Free webinar for new traders >> 

🎓 Free webinar for experienced traders >>

Comments