1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chapter 16, Part IV. More About Fractals.

Discussion in 'Complete Trading Education- Forex Military School' started by Administrator, Sep 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Administrator

Administrator Just Administrator :-)

Part IV. More About Fractals. [​IMG]
    Commander in Pips: I’m in a hurry to announce that this part will be short and easy. I think that you are a bit tired from lot of different material and advanced talks.

Pipruit: Tell me about it!​

Commander in Pips: So, I offer you today take a look at fractals in application to EW and take a look what does “fractal” mean to Wave theory.

Pipruit: This will be great, because you’ve kept talking about “fractals, fractals” all the time. Although I foggily understand what it means, further clarification will be very welcome.​

[​IMG]

Commander in Pips: That’s what today’s lesson is for.

Commander in Pips: So, here we can see 5-wave impulse pattern and 3-wave countertrend correction that we’ve discussed on the second and third parts of current chapter:

[​IMG]

Each of impulse waves – 1, 3, 5 A and C we can depict or decompose into 5-wave patterns, but lesser value:

[​IMG]

Here each wave could be treated as overall cycle. Because, 1st wave looks absolutely the same as whole large 5-wave pattern, second wave – as large ABC corrective pattern and so on. Pay additional attention to A-wave and C-wave. While in large pattern they just 3-wave corrective move, in lesser patterns A-wave and C-wave are treated as separate downtrend, i.e. impulse waves. And B-wave is 3-wave retracement pattern.

You will be able to see it, if, for instance, you will find 5-3-wave pattern on weekly chart and then drop your time frame to daily or even 4-hour. Here it will be easy to see. Moving in that direction will lead you to deep detailed picture as in part 1, here you can see one grade more decompose:

[​IMG]
    Pipruit: Wait a minute, looks like I’ve got it now. It reminds me nesting cups. First we see big waves – 5-wave impulse move and 3-wave corrective move. Then each of them could be shown in 5-wave pattern, even corrective move. And then again, but during the last decompose – only impulse waves could be shown as 5-wave but corrective waves only as 3-wave.
    Commander in Pips: Yes, in fact this is absolutely the same 5-3 wave pattern that repeats again and again. Lesser moves could be collected into the larger moves.

Pipruit: So, for instance, if you find out that market has accomplished initial 5-wave move up, then shown 3-wave corrective and accelerated above 5-th wave high, so what, we can say that all this 5-3 move was just 1st and second waves of larger pattern? Or, say third and 4th?​

Commander in Pips: Aha.

Pipruit: Wow! And how we can trade it at all, how we will estimate what wave currently stands?​

#1 Administrator, Sep 27, 2011
    Lasted edited by : Apr 10, 2016
    Hamza Samiullah likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.