1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chapter 5, Part II. Intermediate Checkpoint. - Q&A

Discussion in 'Complete Trading Education- Forex Military School' started by mrVynes, Mar 2, 2012.

1. mrVynes

mrVynes Private

Helo,

In Task #2, point 3: How does buying loads of USD for JPY by BoJ decrease the value of JPY relative to USD (increase USD/JPY rate)?

Thanks

Nachoga likes this.
  2. Sive Morten

Sive Morten Special Consultant to the FPA

Hi mrVynes,
    Since BoJ will start to sell large amount of JPY - it becomes cheaper, while buying in the same amount USD - it becomes more expensive. Hence, USD/JPY will move south.

Nachoga likes this.
  3. mrVynes

mrVynes Private

Oh, as in accordance with supply/demand? I'm just not yet forming a clear picture on how these factors apply to currency.

Nachoga likes this.
  4. Sive Morten

Exactly. BoJ simulteniously increases demand for USD and supply for JPY.

fajrss and Nachoga like this.
  5. mrVynes

mrVynes Private

Thank you!

Nachoga likes this.
  6. Anthonia Taiwo

Anthonia Taiwo Private

I still find it difficult to understand swap. When creating an account if we select the swap free option are we going to be charged a negative commission when a trade is carried overnight?

Nachoga likes this.
  7. Sive Morten

Hi Anthonia,
    more about swap you may read in chapter dedicated to Carry trade (If I do not mess something, but it is definitely some in-depth explanation exists somewhere ahead).
    Usually yes, if broker provides swap-free accounts, he compensates it in two ways - net positive and negative swap of customers, and get some fees of wider spread. But currently this is more rare than previously. Usually this applied on micro accounts

fajrss and Nachoga like this.
  8. Matt_f

Matt_f Recruit

Swap EURO/USD

Thanks. I have problem with the example. By the text, commander says: "If you Buy (i.e. Lend to counterparty) currency with higher interest rate and Sell (i.e. borrow from counterparty) currency with lower interest rate, then the interest rate differential will be positive and you will get positive swap."

In the table, interest rate of Euro Zone is 1 and for US is .25 %. So the swap should be positive for the example (bought Euro and sold USD later). Am I missing any point? Thanks.

Nachoga likes this.
  9. Sive Morten

Hi Matt,
    you understood correctly, but not always brokers calculate swap based on interest rates difference. Read the end part of this chapter. This table was taken from Alpari UK demo account. Now I've checked some trades and it shows always negative swap as for long as for short:

for example buy 0.1 lot eur/usd 1 day swap was "-0.21" and
    and sell 0.05 lot eur/usd 1 day swap was -0.06.

jokondo and Nachoga like this.
  10. Hamza Samiullah

Hamza Samiullah Corporal

Good Effort..