1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chapter 6, Part IV. Sentimental analysis - Q&A

Discussion in 'Complete Trading Education- Forex Military School' started by Administrator, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Administrator

Administrator Just Administrator :-)

Please use this thread for questions, answers, and comments on this lesson.

2. syncopat

syncopat Recruit

How do you differentiate between the cultural bias in the marketplace. For instance, I live in North America (Canada) and many of us see the EUR/USD different than Europeans, so how do I know what the true sentiment is or likely will be?

3. Sive Morten

Sive Morten Special Consultant to the FPA

Hi Syncopat,
    Fundamentals could not be different. That's obvious. Hence, the difference in chart looking. Here, I suggest you to re-read chapter where spot market compare to futures market. Here we've talked about this problem. The point is that although you can see charts different from EU, for instance, futures charts look absolutely identically despite the fact where you are living in.
    The same is with other sentiment issues, such as trading volume and open interest - futures show overall market, while your local spot broker/dealer only it's own volume, and may be the volume of it's above broker.

I hope, that I've understand you right. If not - please specify your question with necessary details.
    Thanks.

4. Mahmoud Aladdin

Mahmoud Aladdin Recruit

Sentiment analysis

Dear Commander

When will you post the Sentiment analysis methodology? I read about it for Jamie Seatle from FXCM but it is subjective, i need simple way like the one you provide

Mainly i depend in COT but it is delayed version

Mahmoud

5. Sive Morten

Sive Morten Special Consultant to the FPA

Mahmoud,
    Sentiment analysis mostly subjective. There will be seperate chapter dedicated to it, but not very soon.
    In general, you stand on the right way - COT data is a major source of information for it.