1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chapter 8, Part II. Trend Lines Page 4

Discussion in 'Complete Trading Education- Forex Military School' started by Sive Morten, Dec 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sive Morten

Sive Morten Special Consultant to the FPA

Commander in Pips: That’s right – you should use trend lines in a row with your time-frame, other words those trend lines that affect or could affect your position in nearest perspective. But you should not ignore long-term trends either. Just look at the last bear trend line on the picture – see – it bears against the long-term bull line. Now imagine that you have bear position due this short-term downtrend line and know nothing about strong support due to long-term uptrend that is on the way of your trade. This will be a great upset for you, when market will bounce against you, when it will touch this uptrend.

Pipruit: Wow, I understand. Although we should use trend lines that are in a row with our trades – we also have to know where we are in a big picture and to note significant support/resistance levels that could appear in the way of our position in nearest perspective from larger time frames.

Commander in Pips: Yes, you should estimate the approximate time of holding your position. Then you easily will see what trend lines could potentially affect on your trade. But you must pay attention to the longer picture also.

Pipruit: Now, I have another question, look at the picture - which trend is valid?​

[​IMG]

Commander in Pips: Hmm, all of them are valid at the time when they were created. But currently all of them have been broken by market.

Pipruit: But which one I should to use for trading and how to build them, what price use – close or lows for uptrend, close or highs for downtrend?​

Commander in Pips: I think that using extremes is more correct – lows for uptrend and highs for downtrend. Also there is an opinion that the more recent points have more importance, than the previous ones. Other words, you should build trend from the tail, rather then from the head.

Also, if you don’t mind, I have added some markings on your chart. This numbers numerate bars that have higher lows to the left side from the bar that you have chosen as a point for trend line building. As you can see, some bars have only 5-10 bars, but if you will take the first circle and the last one – they have much more bars. Hence the trend line that is formed by these points is stronger and more long-term than the others.

#1 Sive Morten, Dec 15, 2013
    Lasted edited by : Feb 12, 2016
    Hamza Samiullah and fran alvarez like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.