1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chapter 9, Part III. Simple but fundamental and important patterns. Page 4

Discussion in 'Complete Trading Education- Forex Military School' started by Sive Morten, Dec 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sive Morten

Sive Morten Special Consultant to the FPA

Commander in Pips: Good, let’s shift to the next pattern – Marubozu or Marubozo.

Pipruit: Maru.. what? Commander, I think, I’ve just broken my tongue. May be there is some ordinary names?​

Commander in Pips: Son, this is Japanese candlesticks. What names are you expected? Compose yourself!

Pipruit: Yes Sir!​

Commander in Pips: Ok, Marubozu is a kind of candle with no shadows. It means that market has shown direct move right from the high/low to “low/high. White Marubozu (i.e. up candle) has open price that is equal to the low and a close price that is equal to the high. Marubozu should have a long body. A small candle with the same qualities is not a Marubozu.

Black Marubozu, in opposite, has a long black body with opening price right at the high and closing price at the low. Look at this sweet pair at the picture – it becomes much simpler to understand:

[​IMG]
    Black and white Marubozu – nothing to add here…

And here how it looks like in real life:

[​IMG]

I think that you understand that this is very strong candles that show the domination of bulls (white Marubozu) or bears (black) during the whole trading period. Because, say, during a white Marubozu the market opens at the low price and closes right at the high – so, bulls push the market up without giving bears any chance during the whole period. The same is true for black candle – bears dominate right from the highs until the lows. Usually (but not always), after appearing of Marubozu we can count on some continuation of this move – at least in the beginning of a next trading period, because the market has some momentum. Also Marubozu very often becomes a part (one of the candles) of reversal patterns. You can see it later.

Hamza Samiullah and fran alvarez like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.