1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chapter 9, Part IV. Single Candlestick Patterns. Page 2

Discussion in 'Complete Trading Education- Forex Military School' started by Sive Morten, Dec 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sive Morten

Sive Morten Special Consultant to the FPA

Pipruit: Yes, I remember that, and another thing – since the open and close prices are very near to each other – there is no big deal about the color of the body.​

Commander in Pips: You’re correct, but still, it’s preferably to see a white hammer, because it suggests that the bulls were stronger, although just a bit.

Pipruit: Commander, I’ve just thought, and could, say Dragonfly Doji, or any Doji with very long lower shadow and very small up shadow be classified as hammer?​

Commander in Pips: Absolutely, if it corresponds to the properties of Hammer – long lower shadow, absence or very small upper shadow. In this case – does the candle have a small body or have not it at all (Doji) is not very important.

So, how could we use hammer in real trading. First of all, the appearing of hammer doesn’t mean that we should buy immediately

Pipruit: IYes, yes – do not rely at any single tool… I remember.​

Commander in Pips: Right - this is the first rule that we should follow to. Second, anyway it is preferable to wait some confirmation from further market price action. For instance – wait, the white candle that will show close above the open price (or even the high price) of candle that preceded hammer, or at least the high of Hammer candle itself.

We should treat hammer as failed pattern if market will show close below the low price of hammer (i.e. below the lower shadow).

Pipruit: And how strong up move after hammer could be?​

Commander in Pips: It’s impossible to say definitely. Hammer could show as a long-term reversal as a temporally bouncing. But anyway, it’s safer to buy after a hammer has appeared rather than just “anywhere”.

#1 Sive Morten, Dec 15, 2013
    Lasted edited by : Feb 18, 2016
    Hamza Samiullah and fran alvarez like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.