1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chapter 9, Part VII - Summary: Japanese Candlesticks and Patterns Sheet. - Q&A

Discussion in 'Complete Trading Education- Forex Military School' started by 1954, Jun 16, 2011.

1. 1954

1954 Corporal

Hello Mr. Sive / AsstModerator,
    I think the description for Last Engulfing Top and Last Engulfing Bottom is mixed up ?

2. Sive Morten

Sive Morten Special Consultant to the FPA

Hi,
    Looks like everything in order, why do you think so?
    May be you confuse them with bullish/bearish engulfing patterns?

3. john Garbett

john Garbett Recruit

Re other patterns

Hi Sive
    Am I right in thinking that the patterns you have discussed here are patterns which change the direction of movement of a currency pair, while patterns such as Head and Shoulders, Triangles and pennants are patterns that apply in shorter timeframes, but ultimately do not change the overall direction of movement that can be seen on the longer periods?

If you could add some comment to this I would be most grateful.

Once again many thanks

John

4. Sive Morten

Sive Morten Special Consultant to the FPA

Hi Jonh,
    not quite. These patterns just had come from another culture - Japan. While H&S, trianlges, wedges etc have appeared in US itself, and they are called "classical patterns".
    As candlestick patterns as classical patterns could be seen at any timeframe. They could lead as to major reversals as to temporary retracement.
    The major attractiveness of any candlestick pattern that it froms just in 1-3 periods. While for H&S pattern you need much more time.

A bit later in the school there will be special part dedicated to classical patterns and how to trade them.

5. Soji4x

Soji4x Private

Highly Comprehensive Lessons!

Wow! This is the most comprehensive tutorial i ever received on candlesticks. I wil share most of it with my folks. I got more stuffs FREE from the Forex Military School than from the handouts i bought with my money. More grease to your elbows

6. Hamza Samiullah

Hamza Samiullah Corporal

Highly comprehensive...