• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem CommexFX Prime4x Omari

I am having an issue with a company

moodygamil

Recruit
Dears,

I have recently encountered a problem with a Broker called CommexFX. I started with this broker around 8 months ago; after loosing most of my money, I decided to withdraw what's remaining of it about 3 months ago. I started with a $2,000 withdrawal request 3 months ago and then a $7,000 request 1.5 months ago; unfortunately, I haven't received anything till now. I have sent them lots of emails, but I either get no reply or a reply with an insufficient answer.

Kindly I need your support in getting back my money.

Regards,
Mohamed

CommexFx is the evil offspring of the scam broker Prime4x. It's run by the same thieving scumbag.

Sounds like he's decided to shift the new brokerage into deposit-only mode.

Assuming CommexFx is still under Cysec, complaint to both Cysec and the Cyprus Financial Ombudsman.

How did you deposit? If bank wire, contact your bank and the receiving bank. Ask how to file a complaint about wire fraud.

What country are you in?

news:
CySec decision about CommexFx www.cysec.gov.cy/CMSPages/GetFile.aspx?guid=dbe147df-598c-467e-93a4-d4708dd1d12a , license suspended, also it seems that they are not operating anymore, trading platform is offline for several days

also:

interesting info about owner of CommexFx Alimari, info below 2 links in Arabic (use Google translate).... he was arrested in Cairo ... there is mentioned his other company Merex Markets which was providing investment management services through CommexFx ....http://www.vetogate.com/1651392

Bad Request

good news are CySec decision of 12.06.2015. :

Within fifteen (15) days, CommexFX Ltd has to take actions in order to comply with the
aforementioned provisions.
While the suspension of the authorisation is in force, CommexFX Ltd:
1. Cannot provide/perform any investment services/activities, pursuant to section 26(5)
of the Law.
2. Must, if existing clients so wish, without being considered in violation of section 26(5)
of the Law,:
2.1. Close all open positions in relation to clients’ contracts, or of its own, on their
maturity date or on an earlier date if the client so wishes.
2.2. Return to existing clients all of their funds and profits earned.

Anyone have anything besides this to to Omari to Merex? I know AsstMod's been trying to make the link to be 100% sure Omari is rotting in jail, but hasn't gotten final proof yet.

I'd like to thank Veri5 for bringing this up. I've been trying to verify that this is THE Omari who as arrested. I think it's time to call in the rest of the FPA to assist. Please read the BOLD items farther down and post if you can help.

First, here's the text of the license suspension from Cysec on June 12, 2015...

The Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission announces that the authorisation of
the Cyprus Investment Firm ‘CommexFX Ltd’ (‘the Company’), with number 153/11, is
suspended, pursuant to section 26(2) of the Investment Services and Activities and
Regulated Markets Law (‘the Law’), as there are suspicions of an alleged violation of
section 28(1) of the Law, due to the Company’s possible non compliance with the
condition if its authorization provided for in section 18(2), paragraphs (i) and (j), of the
Law, ‘Operational requirements – Clients’ funds’, as specialized in Part VI of the
Directive DI144-2007-01 of 2012, ‘Safeguarding of clients’ funds’.
The above decision was taken due to the fact that the aforementioned alleged violation
may possibly endanger the Company’s clients’ interests and generally the smooth
operation of the capital market.
Within fifteen (15) days, CommexFX Ltd has to take actions in order to comply with the
aforementioned provisions.
While the suspension of the authorisation is in force, CommexFX Ltd:
1. Cannot provide/perform any investment services/activities, pursuant to section 26(5)
of the Law.
2. Must, if existing clients so wish, without being considered in violation of section 26(5)
of the Law,:
2.1. Close all open positions in relation to clients’ contracts, or of its own, on their
maturity date or on an earlier date if the client so wishes.
2.2. Return to existing clients all of their funds and profits earned.

Second, here are two articles in Arabic about someone named Abdul Rahman Khadr Abdul Rahman Al Omari being arrested...

Article 1

Article 2

Another forex company is mentioned, but not CommexFx.

I NEED HELP

If this is the same Omari who was behind Prime4x and CommexFx, he's responsible for stealing from many dozens of FPA members. He's also responsible for not processing a withdrawal of money needed for medical treatment of a trader's mother. This wasn't some trader making up a story to gain sympathy. I saw the medical records. I personally told Omari that this withdrawal needed the highest possible priority. He never processed it. The trader's mother died. In my mind, this makes Omari a murderer. Of all the scammers I've ever dealt with, Omari is the one I most want to see sent to prison for his crimes.

If anyone can tie the Omari of CommexFx and PrimeFx directly to the man arrested or the company named in the article, please post evidence here. Rumors and undocumented accusations are useless. I need hard evidence.

If anyone can get a copy of the police reports, post those here.

If anyone can get in touch with the reporters who wrote these stories or any of the police or prosecutors involved in the case, please ask them to use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page, select Other, and put Omari in the subject line.

If anyone is a loyal FPA member in Cairo who can follow the legal case, please post here.

Seeing Omari finally brought to justice is something I've dreamed of for years. I'm not ready to open the champagne until I have verifiable proof this is the same Omari and see him get a long prison sentence.

Why this evil thief can easily open a forex company with those regulators? Regulators must be more strong and strict for ruling. Otherwise, if with license, ugly evil like Omari can rob people money for hard earning without any block. It is much more easy for them to rob the bank.

At least Cysec has finally stepped in against CommexFx. They should have done that years ago.

Thanks for sharing information

I am trading with a different broker, and unfortunately don't have any evidence for Omari. Would pass it on to colleagues, if any substantial evidence comes to disclose would pass it on to FPA at earliest.

Back