Currency Strength Calculator Strategy Discussions

I just want to say thank you for sharing with us your outlook about Forex. I hope you will really post the currency calculator here. This will be able us to have a very valuable tool to our trading.

Last edited:
Alligator Files, missing extention

Try this.;)
Regards, Didier.:)

Please re checkt he files, Upon unzipping they have no extention. I presumed them to be Excel files, and added .Xls, but it still did not open properly. What is the proper extention, or program that they run. Or, are they Metatrader files ?

Relative and absolute currency strength

Hi.. I sometimes uses Forex flow indicator which is based on Relative and absolute currency strength for every individual currency.So you can select currency pair with the highest and lowest relative strength for example..or you can use absolute currency strength which shows you gain or loss in percent. on selected period form M1 to H1 .On the picture is only relative currency strength

Attachments

• flowindi RCS.png
    flowindi RCS.png
    66.6 KB · Views: 411
good chart

Hi my friends
Can you give me one site that shows the Strength INDEX BY CHART
AND BE SURE
Thanks

Keith

I have been looking at the Relative Curreny Strength Calculator and the data seem to disagree with the weekly charts..

For example, when I asked for the results for last week (ending 15th Oct) I get EUR +0.21 and USD -0.65 which suggests the euro rose relative to USD. However when I looked at a EURUSD weekly chart for the same week, the euro fell slightly relative to the USD; the open was 1.3992 and close for the week was 1.3976

Am I misinterpreting the numbers ?

Code it to MT4 indicator

Hi,

I would like to code it to a MT4 indicator. Could someone tell me the calculating method?

Hi,
I would like to ask to the moderator wy the Currency Strength Calculator does not work any more on or for a Daily Time Frame. Time ago,just waiting after 20:00 Hours; was able to select the date of the previous day as the start date and then select todays date as the last date, click on show and the calculator displayed the info. Since around August 2010 it does not show this Daily Time Frame any more. Wy ? :)

some contradiction

The charts show a green weekly eur/usd candle, but the readings here say usd was stronger than the euro. If so we should have a red candle. I find that contradictory. Anybody understand?
Thanks

Back