• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

EA on TFX Markets

Nelly79

Recruit
Hello all,

I am pretty new to this, I've be given/borrowed an EA called Romeo and Juliet and have run it on TFX Markets demo account (ECN demo) and the performance is faultless.

As it's my first time trading with an EA, I want to ask if anyone has used this on a live account and which broker. I want to see if a small investment will be worth while or am I going to throw my money away.

I spoke to TFX markets support and they tell me that there will be differences in the live and demo performance as the demo is a virtual platform for testing, how different will the live and demo be?

Thanks for any feedback

Addy

Demo accounts have no issues with liquidity. You could open a trade for 0.0001 lot and 10,000,000 lots at the same moment and would get exactly the same fill. So, your demo will suffer far fewer requotes and much less slippage.

If the EA is a scalper, only grabbing a few pips at a time, the real market slippage could kill the profitability. If it's grabbing an average of 20 pips a trade on demo, you probably won't complaint too much if you only get 17 or 18 pips on a live account.

In any event, if/when you go live, use whatever settings the EA offers to make lot sizes as small as possible and to limit total risk (test these settings on demo first!). Then if it turns out the EA isn't going to be profitable on that live account, you'll have reduced your losses.

Back